The Saint Louis University Department of Dermatology has been involved in both investigator-initiated and sponsored clinical trials since its inception in 1992.
The department’s board-certified specialists and sub-specialists provide comprehensive care, as well as cutting-edge research in general dermatology, pediatric dermatology, cosmetic and laser surgery, cutaneous oncologic surgery, and dermatopathology.
The large, established clinical practice has enabled the department to attract multi-site trials in various phases of drug and treatment research in addition to faculty-designed clinical research. Studies have involved research for the treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, hidradenitis, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, pre-cancerous conditions, melanoma, hyperhidrosis, cosmetic device and procedures, and other dermatological conditions.
- Dee Anna Glaser, M.D., Director of Research Development
- Rhonda Lebbing, APRN-BC, Research Coordinator/Director
- Fahreta Hamzabegovic, M.S., Research Coordinator
- Daniel Tinker, M.D., research fellow
- Kavita Darji, M.D., research fellow