Has a teen in your life recently told you they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer or transgender?
The Family Clinic for Queer and Trans Youth works to provide financially accessible, culturally-attuned therapeutic care that helps foster and support safe, loving, and affirming families of queer and trans youth.
The group therapy process aims to:
- Improve caregiver understanding of queer and trans identities,
- Improve relationships between caregivers and queer and trans youth, and, ultimately,
- Increase well-being and health for queer and trans youth and their families.
What We Offer
- Family group therapy for queer and trans youth (aged 12-21) and their caregivers.
- Individual and family therapy for queer and trans youth, adults, and their families (ages 12-21).
- Workshops for health care providers on effective and inclusive practice with LGBTQ youth and their families.
- Letters of support for social and medical transitions.
What It Costs
Where We Meet
Center for Counseling and Family Therapy
Saint Louis University
3700 Lindell Blvd.
Morrissey Hall, Suite 1100
St. Louis, MO 63108
St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline
Toll free: 1-844-785-7774
- Monday-Friday, 1-7 p.m.
- Trained volunteers provide free, confidential, and identity-affirming emotional support, resources, and referrals.
- All callers welcome - anyone on the spectrums of gender identity/expression and/or sexual orientation.