Has a teen in your life recently told you they are gay, lesbian, bisexual, queer or transgender?
The Family Clinic for Queer and Trans Youth works to provide financially accessible, culturally-attuned therapeutic care that helps foster and support safe, loving, and affirming families of queer and trans youth.
The group therapy process aims to:
- Improve caregiver understanding of queer and trans identities,
- Improve relationships between caregivers and queer and trans youth, and, ultimately,
- Increase well-being and health for queer and trans youth and their families.
What We Offer
- Family group therapy for queer and trans youth (aged 13 to 21) and their caregivers.
- Individual and family therapy for queer and trans youth, adults, and their families (no age limits).
- Workshops for healthcare providers on effective and inclusive practice with LGBTQ youth and their families.
What It Costs
$10 per session for each family.
Where We Meet
Center for Counseling and Family Therapy
Saint Louis University
3700 Lindell Blvd.
Morrissey Hall, Suite 1100
St. Louis, MO 63108