The Saint Louis University School of Medicine Department of Family and Community Medicine strives to be the premier institution in Saint Louis by contributing to the intellectual foundations of family medicine and medical family therapy, integrating the School of Medicine within the community, educating outstanding family physicians and family therapists, and providing superior and cost-effective patient care.
Our mission is to:
- Educate current health professions students and future physicians, family physicians, and family therapists.
- Provide the highest quality primary care, preventive care and mental health care to our community.
- Improve the health of our communities through population-based and evidence-based care.
- Deliver cost-effective care by promoting primary care and adherence to best practices.
- Advance the fields of family medicine and medical family therapy through population-based, primary care and integrated mental health research.
Divisions of Department of Family and Community Medicine
- SLUCare Family Medicine (Our clinical practice)
- Medical Student Education
- Family Medicine Residency
- Medical Family Therapy
- Community Medicine
Family and Community Medicine Grand Rounds
Grand rounds are scheduled on the third Wednesday of every month at 7:30 a.m. All board certified family physicians are welcome to attend.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital
6420 Clayton Road
St. Louis, MO 63117
Kohler Auditorium, Second Floor
Parking is in the West Garage, located on Bellevue Avenue. If you are heading west on Clayton Road, make a left onto Bellevue, and the garage entrance is at the first right on Oakland Avenue. The parking fee for one hour is $1.
Opportunities for CME Credit
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programs are scheduled throughout the year to offer continuing education training in family medicine. The department welcomes the participation of all St. Louis area family medicine physicians. These opportunities will be communicated via email. You may also contact Sally Bowles for more information on upcoming events.
The American Academy of Family Physicians also offers continuing medical education events and online CME activities. Visit the Saint Louis University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education pages for more information on upcoming courses at SLU.
Family Medicine Educators/Preceptors
The department is always looking for board certified family physicians interested in serving as small group facilitators, lecturers and preceptors. Please contact Ashley Lewis at email@example.com.