The Saint Louis University (Southwest Illinois) Family Medicine Residency is considered one program with two different applicant types.
Applicant interviews are an important part of the match process and are by invitation only. Applicants who will be considered for interviews must:
- Have passed Step I of the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) or the COMLEX (The Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination). Due to changes in CS scheduling for the 2020-2021 year, completion is not required for interview selection. Limit two attempts for each step.
- Have had at least six months contact with U.S. medicine. (Observerships do not meet the requirement.)
- Be within two years of graduation from medical school.
- Have submitted a completed application consisting of three letters of recommendation (one from a primary care physician), board scores, personal statement, transcripts and dean's letter.
- We cannot sponsor H1 or H4 visas. We do sponsor J1 visas.
Interviews are held from October 30 through the end of January. We only accept ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) applications. The deadline for submission is December 15.
To ensure a fair process for all civilian applicants, rotations will not be scheduled for students outside of our institution until an invitation to interview has been made.
Air Force Applicants
Applications for military applicants are processed through the Joint Service Graduate Medical Education Selection Board (JSGMESB). Final residency training site rankings are due to the JSGMEB by the end of October, with the board meeting during the last few weeks of November and match results released around the beginning of January. View the timeline.
To arrange a rotation, please complete the rotation request form. Note the new ADT requirements set in place for all Air Force applicants. Only one ADT rotation per student. ADT rotations will be given priority over non-ADT rotations; however, we are still allowing non-ADT rotations where space is available.
To sign up for an Air Force interview, add your contact information to any available space on this document. We will reach out to you for your CV, headshot, and additional information prior to your interview. Please note that this is for Air Force applicants only.
We look forward to getting to know you!