The Saint Louis University Center for Vaccine Development is looking for volunteers 18-55 years old for an experimental BCG vaccine trial.
Purpose of the Study
Tuberculosis (TB) is an infection caused by bacteria (germs) called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. TB is a serious, world-wide problem. There are nearly 8 million new cases and 2 million deaths from TB world-wide every year. There are medicines to treat TB after it starts, but they are expensive, take a long time to work, and can cause significant side effects during drug treatment.This study involves 2 BCG vaccinations and a procedure called Leukapheresis to collect white blood cells. Please call for more information about this procedure.
Important Points Regarding This Study
- To participate you must be healthy and between 18-55 years old and have not been received the BCG vaccine.
- Up to 15 Participants will be enrolled in this 9-month long study.
- You will be compensated:
- $75 for each of the seven visits
- $10 for each of the four phone calls
- $200 for each Leukapheresis procedure.
For more information about the study, please contact the Vaccine Center at 314-977-6333, 1-866-410-6333 (toll free) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to Study #320, IRB:27913.