This process is used for most, but not all of studies at the Saint Louis University Center for Vaccine Development. If at any time you would like to know the process for a specific study, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Contact us by email at email@example.com or phone at 314-977-6333 or 1-866-410-6333.
- We will ask for your age to be sure you are in the correct age group for the study.
- We will ask for your name, address and contact information.
- We will send you a consent form by mail, email or fax. The consent form provides you with detailed information about the purpose, benefits, risks, study visits and compensation.
- After reading the consent form, we ask that you call us back to clarify any questions, let us know if you are interested or not, and to schedule a screening visit. We will answer your questions, review the eligibility criteria with you, and schedule your screening appointment.
- At the beginning of your first visit, we will review the consent form with you in detail and answer your questions.
- Every effort will be made to help you understand all the details of the study. If there is anything you do not understand about the study, please ask.
- If you choose to continue with the study, we will ask you to sign the consent form.
- After informed consent is obtained, the screening visit will continue according to the study’s protocol.
If you qualify for the study after screening, you will be given study vaccine according to the study requirements. Depending upon the study, the vaccine may be given on the first visit or at a later visit.
- You will be followed after joining the study. We will give you instructions on how to record your reactions to the vaccine.
- We usually measure your body’s protective response from the vaccine by drawing blood samples.
- Follow-up will include follow-up visits and/or phone calls to the Center for Vaccine Development.