Saint Louis University's pediatric gastroenterology fellowship training program enables trainees to build on their expertise to provide comprehensive and compassionate family-focused care that promotes optimal levels of health and functional development.
Our program supports experiences to provide future academic gastroenterologists with clinical skills that promote management, continuity of supportive care for patients beyond the gastroenterology inpatient service and new patient consultations.
Fellows are taught and evaluated in the six general competencies:
- Patient care skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Practice-based learning
- Systems-based practice
Our fellows acquire skills in endoscopic examination through intense, hands-on, one-on-one instruction with our experienced, board certified faculty.
Fellows also have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors from other subspecialty areas if they wish, including immunology, neonatology, pediatric surgery, if relevant to their approved project.
Fellows can learn about research opportunities outside the division through attendance at multidisciplinary conferences. Basic science/translational researches within our division will further foster liaisons between the fellow and other departments/divisions depending on the trainee's area of interest.
For those fellows with scholarly interests in the educational arena, the program director helps to facilitate opportunities in medical education research and development that are available within the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
- SLUCare Physician Group, Pediatric Gastroenterology
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, Gastroenterology/Hepatology
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Nationally Recognized
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Transplant Services
- SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital, Statistics
FREIDA Online, the AMA residency and fellowship database, provides detailed information on the fellowship program. Copy and paste our ten-digit code, 329-28-21-036, into the search engine at the bottom of the page.