The Office of Professional Oversight (OPO) wants to know and recognize educators (faculty, fellows, trainees, students, nurses, administration, etc.) that exceptionally model the core principles of professionalism:
- Investment and engagement in learner education
- Practices civility and an understanding of respect in modeled
- Recognizes and honors the vast diversity within our learning environment
- Displays patience, empathy and care
- Is trustworthy and committed to the practice of medicine
This nomination will be reviewed by the Office of Professional Oversight and shared with the individual being nominated. All nominees will be recognized on the OPO website. The nomination process is rolling and will be marketed monthly. Each month one individual will be awarded the “Exceptional Professionalism Award” and be recognized via Newslink. The recipient will also receive a certificate and small token of appreciation from the OPO.
Please use the link below and share your story regarding the individual that you are nominating. Explain how they embody characteristics related to professionalism and how they have impacted your experience at SLU. With the nominator’s permission, each story will be forwarded to the individual nominated.