The Office of Professional Oversight (OPO) offers a wide variety of training opportunities to all members of the learning environment; including but not limited to faculty, trainees, medical students, nursing and clinical staff, and support staff within the Saint Louis University School of Medicine.
The method as to which trainings are offered range from formal lectures, discussion-based seminars, and online previously recorded presentations.
Many trainings have been uniquely developed to meet the needs of particular departments/programs across the institution. You can find specific topics below:
- Burnout and its Impact on Professionalism
- Communication Expectations in the Learning Environment
- Convocation or Orientation Presentations
- Defining and Exploring Professionalism in the Learning Environment
- Intergenerational Approaches to Professionalism
- Office of Professional Oversight Overview
- Mistreatment vs. Feedback: Understanding the Differences
- Implicit Bias (Pilot)
- Ombuds Presentation
- Promoting Professionalism in the Learning Environment
- Understanding the Difference Between the Issues of Professionalism and Sexual Harassment
To request a presentation from the OPO please fill out the form link below. We are happy to present on one of the topics listed above. To request a presentation please use the form linked.
If there is a topic that is not listed that you would like the OPO to facilitate, please reach out and we can work with you to customize a training for your group. Each session is tailored to meet the needs of a particular audience and the OPO will work with your group to identify specific learning outcomes and goals.
The OPO has launched a Lunch and Learn series. We will be offering two presentations monthly. One will be in person at different sites on the medical center campus and one will be offered through Zoom. Our goal is to provide more on going and accessible educational opportunities to all employees. The lunch and learn dates and topics will be shared monthly in the OPO Newsletter as well as shared through email. All are welcome to attend.