The Saint Louis University Department of Surgery dates back 1837 and the founding of the School of Medicine.
Today the department consists of nine divisions, two sections and eight residency programs working in various clinical locations across the Midwest.
- Abdominal Transplant Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Urologic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Histocompatibility Lab (HLA)
- Surgical Research Institute (SRI)
- Center for Anatomical Science and Education