Saint Louis University affords multiple benefits to its residents. The full list can be found on the SLU Graduate Medical Education website.
Highlights for surgical residents:
- Free, close parking at all five training sites. Free parking is also available at several SLU parking garages
- Complimentary membership to the SLU Simon Recreation Center, which contains a full fitness center, basketball courts, an indoor track, and pool.
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year, taken in one-week blocks
- Competitive salary in a low cost of living city – starting around $54,000 for PGY-1
Provided health insurance with 100% of premiums paid by SLU. Add-on options for dental and vision insurance are available
- Program-provided access to SCORE (SurgicalCore) and TrueLearn study resources.
- Free access to all resources of the SLU Medical Library, including journal articles, UpToDate, and electronic versions of multiple core surgery textbooks.
- Available low-cost life insurance plans
- Provided disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with no-cost counseling and support through the Behavioral
403 (b) plan eligibility
- Mercy Hospital: Access to physician’s lounge with daily provided breakfast and lunch
- SLU Hospital and Cardinal Glennon: Meal stipend
- VA Hospital: On-call meal stipend