Nori Katagiri, Ph.D.
M.A., Columbia University
M.A., University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
International relations, security studies, cybersecurity, emerging technologies, and East Asia
Publications and Media Placements
- Defending Freedom in Cyberspace: How Liberal Democracies Protect their Digital Networks (tentative title), forthcoming.
- "Hackers of critical infrastructure: Expectations and challenges with the principle of target distinction," International Review of Law, Computers and Technology (2023).
- "The soft underbelly of cyber defence in democracy: How interest groups soften Japan's cyber policy," Journal of Cyber Policy, Vol. 7, No. 3 (2023).
- "Defending medical facilities from cyber attacks: Critical issues with the principle of due diligence in international law," International Review of Law, Computers and Technology (2023).
- "Two explanations for the paucity of cyber-military, cross-domain operations," Journal of Cybersecurity, Vol. 8, No. 1 (2022).
- "Explaining Cyberspace Dynamics in the COVID Era," Global Studies Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 3 (2022).
Honors and Awards
Meritorious Civilian Service Award, U.S. Department of the Air Force, 2015; Faculty Award for Research Excellence, Air War College, 2015; Research Grant, US Air Force Institute for National Security Studies, 2015; Young Leaders Fellowship, CSIS Pacific Forum, 2012
Professional Organizations and Associations
Community Work and Service
US Army, US Air Force, Japan Air Self-Defense Force