Nori Katagiri, Ph.D.
M.A., Columbia University
M.A., University of Pennsylvania
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
International relations, security studies, cybersecurity, emerging technologies, and East Asia
Publications and Media Placements
- "Two explanations for the paucity of cyber-military, cross-domain operations," Journal of Cybersecurity, Vol 8, No.1 (2022).
- "Explaining Cyberspace Dynamics in the COVID Era," Global Studies Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 3 (July 2022).
- "Assessing Japan's cybersecurity policy: Change and continuity from 2017 to 2020," Journal of Cyber Policy, (2022).
- "Why International Law and Norms Do Little in Preventing Non-State Cyber Attacks," Journal of Cybersecurity, Vol. 7, No. 1 (2021).
- "From Cyber Denial to Cyber Punishment: What Keeps Japanese Warriors from Active Defense Operations?," Asian Security (2021).
- "Shinzo Abe's Indo-Pacific Strategy: Japan's Recent Achievement and Future Direction," Asian Security, Vol. 16, No. 2 (2020).
Honors and Awards
Meritorious Civilian Service Award, U.S. Department of the Air Force, 2015; Faculty Award for Research Excellence, Air War College, 2015; Research Grant, US Air Force Institute for National Security Studies, 2015; Young Leaders Fellowship, CSIS Pacific Forum, 2012
Professional Organizations and Associations
Community Work and Service
US Army, US Air Force, Japan Air Self-Defense Force