Lori Baron, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of New Testament
By appointment only.
Theological Foundations, New Testament, One Jesus, Four Portraits: The Gospels, Biblical Interpretation
Ph.D. in New Testament, Duke University, 2015
MDiv in Fuller Theological Seminary, 1998
- Jesus and Judaism
- Use of the Old Testament in the New Testament
- The parting of the ways between Judaism and Christianity
Publications and Media Placements
- The Shema in the Gospel of John Against its Backgrounds in Second Temple Judaism (accepted for publication, WUNT II, Fall 2017).
- “Midrash” (with B. J. Oropeza) in Exploring Intertextuality: Diverse Strategies for the New Testament Use of Texts (eds. B. J. Oropeza and Steve Moyise; Eugene, Ore.: Cascade, 2016). http://wipfandstock.com/exploring-intertextuality.html
- “The Shema in John and Jewish Restoration Eschatology” in John and Judaism (eds. R. Alan Culpepper and Paul N. Anderson; Atlanta: SBL Press, forthcoming, Fall 2017).
- “Love in Second Temple/Hellenistic Judaism,” in Encyclopedia of the Bible and its Reception (EBR), De Gruyter (forthcoming).
Honors and Awards
Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Organizations and Associations
Society of Biblical Literature