Applying for graduation is a Saint Louis University degree requirement. All students, whether or not you attend graduation, must complete the Application for Graduation. The deadline to apply for December 2017, May 2018 or August 2018 graduation is Friday, September 15. The Application is a two part process which you begin by accessing Banner Self Service.
Banner Self-Service Instructions - Application for Graduation
- Under Student: Select Student Records then Apply to Graduate.
- Curriculum Term Selection: This page is used to select your most current program before selecting the graduation term (see 4. below). Select Submit and you should see your program of study to review. (You may need to drop down to select the most current term.)
- Curriculum Selection: After confirming the accuracy of your program of study, select it and Continue.
Note: If inaccurate, immediately contact your department before continuing. If you do not meet the criteria to apply online for graduation, or you have already applied, this message will appear: No curricula available for graduation application. If you think you are eligible, and have not already applied, please contact the School of Law Registrar's office.
- Graduation Date Selection: Select the term you expect all your requirements to be completed and your degree awarded.
- Diploma Name Selection: You will be able to edit once selected. Please enter your name exactly how it should
be printed on your diploma, including any special characters and periods after initials.
Note: If you choose a variation of your official Banner name, then the name on your diploma will not match the name on your transcript, unless you change your Banner name with the Office of the University Registrar.
- Diploma Mailing Address: You will be able to edit once selected.
- Graduation Application Summary: Please review for accuracy before selecting Submit.
- After you submit, print out the confirmation web page for your records.
- Click on the link provided on the confirmation webpage to access Part 2 of the Application for Graduation.
- After answering all the questions, submit and you will see the confirmation page indicating
you have completed the application.
You can view your Banner Self-Service application at any time by selecting View Graduation Applications at the bottom of the confirmation page or Return to Menu to apply for a secondary curriculum, if applicable.
You can view the status of your application on your Self Service Banner Academic Transcript.
- Applied to Graduate: Application successful.
- Pending Review: Graduation requirements still outstanding.
- Awarded: Congratulations!
Note: If you need to make changes to your application after you have submitted it online, please contact Janel Esker at firstname.lastname@example.org.