SLU LAW alumni, attorneys and members of the public are welcome to use the library for legal research.
All library visitors should check in at the circulation desk or the reference desk. When classes are in session, Scott Hall is open to the public at the hours listed on this page. No access is available for members of the public on the weekends. Please call ahead for hours during breaks and holidays.
To assist with legal research needs during the COVID-19 pandemic, Thomson Reuters is offering temporary complimentary remote access to Westlaw Edge through June 30. Once an account is set up, a user will have access to Westlaw Edge for a total of 20 hours over 45 days. To get started:
- Access the Westlaw Edge trial page and enter an email address. Be sure that email address is NOT one already associated with any other Thomson Reuters accounts (i.e. OnePass). If your work email does not work use a personal one (i.e. gmail or yahoo): https://legal.thomsonreuters.com/en/forms/try-westlaw
- Enter your contact information. In the Organization Type field, please select Government – State or Local.
- Skip the “Add Colleagues” page
- Click “I agree to Terms & Conditions and click Create Profile
- Create OnePass Profile and Security fields
- Confirm your OnePass profile and click Get Started to begin searching on Westlaw Edge
SLU LAW alumni have free access to HeinOnline's Law Journal Library, a collection of more than 1,800 law and law-related journals. To access this service, log in to mySLU using your SLUnet username and password.
Library Access for SLU LAW Alumni and Attorneys
SLU LAW alumni, Washington University law students, and attorneys may request access to the Law Library during evening and weekend library hours by applying for a SLU Access card. Email this form to Julie Orr at email@example.com, or return it via mail.
Tours of the Law Library are available. For alumni, outside guests, Law Library Association Members and other group tours, contact director Erika Cohn at (314) 977-2759 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours can be catered to individual or group needs and can include information on space, collection, services and programs.
SLU LAW alumni may check out circulating library resources. A SLU ID or other photo ID must be presented at the time of checkout. Representatives such as secretaries, clerks or other law firm members may not check out items with an alumni's ID. Alumni borrowing privileges do not extend to the other Saint Louis University Libraries.
Federal Depository Resources
SLU LAW alumni, attorneys and members of the public have access to the Law Library's Federal Depository resources.