Email Catalog Alerts
Examples of Search Types
- You have a favorite novelist and you want to be notified whenever SLU Libraries get a book written by him or her.
- You're doing a long-term project on a topic and you want to be notified when SLU Libraries get any new book on that topic.
- You want to be notified whenever a new DVD about Mexico comes in.
- You will now be notified when books fitting the criteria of your search arrive in the SLU Libraries system.
- Searches are run every Monday, so you'll never get notices more often than that.
- If no new books matching your criteria are added to SLU Libraries in a given week, you will not receive an alert.
- Enter the SLU Libraries Catalog and click on the My Account link.
- Log in according to the instructions given on the page.
- Click the Search Catalog button.
- Search the SLU Libraries Catalog in whatever way you normally would, to produce your desired results - an author search, an advanced keyword search, etc.
- Click on the "Save as preferred search" button located to the right of the "Search" button.
- Click on "Return to your record" a the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Preferred Searches" button below your account information.
- You will see your search. Check the check-box in the "Mark for Email" column next to the search.
- Log out of your library account.
Use the drop-down menu near the top right to choose "Advanced Keyword". Enter your search terms and use the "material type" limit.
Music and Audio
Includes regular music CDs.
View current list of audio tapes and CDs in the catalog
Video and Film
Includes formats such as VHS, laserdisc, DVD, etc.
View a current list of DVDs in the catalog
View a current list of VHS tapes in the libraries' catalog
Includes documents, photographs, media, etc. that are the official records of an organization or institution. Archival materials are usually kept in separate collections.
Archives and Digital Services
Pius XII Memorial Library, Rm.307
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Thesis and Manuscript
Theses include master's theses and doctoral dissertations. Manuscripts may include authored works, correspondence and other documents related to an individual or group. Manuscripts are often kept in separate collections.
For any other type of search, press the Limit/Sort Search button from your results list. On the next screen, limit your search by "MATERIAL TYPE" by selecting the appropriate type from the drop-down menu.
Please check lending policies at each library.
A resource such as a CD-ROM, DVD, or optical disc. As a rule, regular music CDs are grouped under MUSIC/AUDIO.