The Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development is dedicated to facilitating
the career success and academic advancement of the faculty of Saint Louis University
School of Medicine.
We promote the recuitment and retention of a diverse faculty of talented educators,
clinicians, and researchers who are committed to the service of others.
Our goals and primary functions include:
- Partnering with the Faculty Affairs Committee and Faculty Senate to review and develop
policies which impact faculty at the School of Medicine.
- Communicating key issues/policies impacting faculty at the School of Medicine.
- Facilitating recruitment of diverse talent.
- Partnering with the Office of Multicultural Affairs to optimize diversity of background
and expertise at the School of Medicine.
- Overseeing New Faculty Orientation.
- Providing opportunities at the School of Medicine for faculty to enhance their repertoire
of skills with a focus on career enhancement, leadership skill development, mentoring
and work-life balance.
- Overseeing issues related to the faculty review process, including annual review,
promotion, career counseling and career development.
The Office of Faculty Affairs and Professional Development offers programs to School
of Medicine faculty targeting leadership skills, academic skills and personal development.
Click a link below to access previous workshops sponsored by our office. You will
be directed to Tegrity, where you will be prompted to enter your SLU log-in in order
to view the programs.