Family Care Health Center
Residents’ continuity clinics take place in this federally-qualified community health center that has been providing high-quality healthcare to the Carondelet neighborhood for 40 years.
The center cares for a diverse community and offers residents with unique training opportunities:
- Exposure to numerous ethnicities and cultures, including patients from Latinx, Bosnian, Somalian, Iraqi, Afghan and other communities
- Experiences in LGBTQ+ care, including opportunities for interested residents to provide gender-affirming hormone treatment for the transgender and gender non-conforming population
- Integration of medical and behavioral health services provides exceptional training in behavioral medicine
- Large opioid use disorder treatment program provides experience in medication-assisted treatment and management of other common addiction disorders
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital
- Recognized as one of IBM Watson Health Top 100 Hospitals in 2017 and 2018
- Residents provide care to continuity patients our Family Medicine Inpatient Service, which is staffed by attending Family Physicians from SLU and Family Care Health Center
- Other major rotations completed here include obstetrics, cardiology, and emergency medicine.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
- Site of inpatient pediatrics and pediatric subspecialty rotations.
St. Louis Veterans Administration Hospital
- Site of VA Emergency Medicine and psychiatry rotations, as well as palliative medicine and integrative care electives.