Planning Toward an Impactful Future
The Saint Louis University School of Medicine developed its new five-year strategic plan to draw on our strengths, address opportunities to advance our mission, and pursue excellence across medical education.
Through this framework, the SLU School of Medicine will evaluate its curriculum, build on its cutting-edge clinical care, increase research opportunities, and serve the greater community. The plan is a result of discussions with integral community members, faculty, physicians, students, and stakeholders for the School of Medicine that shaped the objectives and goals for our vision of the future.
To pursue excellence in education, research, clinical care, and improving the health of our community through professional development, collaboration, and social justice, grounded in our Jesuit values.
To be the school of choice for learners, educators, and investigators for excellence in teaching, research, and healthcare, with a commitment to improving the health of all in our diverse community.
- Cura personalis
- Education: To be an excellent, innovative, and engaging educational environment, grounded in science and service to others.
- Research: To be the home of research excellence in clinical, translational, and basic science.
- Clinical Care: To be a premier academic health care destination for the St. Louis region and SSM referral network.
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: To be a place where everyone is welcomed, respected, and supported.
- Community Engagement: To be a responsive leader, in partnership with others to reduce health inequities and improve our region’s well-being.
- Leadership & Organization: To achieve our educational, research, clinical, and service missions with a supportive culture and effective leadership.
- Image & Reputation: To raise our national reputation as a leader in medical education and be a provider and employer of choice.
To learn more about the SLU School of Medicine Strategic Plan: