Individual Visits to SLUMA
- Admission to the museum is free.
- If you wish to have a docent-led tour, you must schedule the tour at least 24 hours before your visit.
- If you wish to view the museum without a docent-led tour, you are free to come any time the museum is open.
Non-School Tour Groups
- Docent-led tours of SLUMA are available by reservation Wednesday-Friday at a cost of $5 per person. Currently, we are only offering guided tours of groups with 20 or more people. Large tours may be asked to divide into two groups with different tour times.
- Tours must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Further information regarding drop-off and parking will be given at the time of scheduling.
- Docent-led tours of SLUMA are free for visiting school groups and available by reservation.
- Tours for more than 30 students will be given in two separate groups during two separate appointment times.
- To schedule docent-led tours for school groups, please call 314-977-6631 or email the museum at email@example.com.
- If you wish to visit the museum without a tour, you may do so during regular operating hours at no cost.
The museum's parking, building, facilities and galleries are accessible to people
with disabilities. Free designated parking for people with disabilities is located
across Lindell Boulevard, adjacent to Pius XII Memorial Library.
For additional information regarding disability access, please call 314-977-6631.
Directions and Parking
From downtown St. Louis, take I-64/40 to the Grand Boulevard exit. Turn right on Grand Boulevard and go two blocks to Lindell Boulevard. Turn left onto Lindell Boulevard. The Saint Louis University Museum of Art is located on the right side of Lindell Boulevard, directly across the street from the Pius XII Memorial Library.
Exit Grand Boulevard Station. Walk north on Grand Boulevard (toward I-64/Highway 40) four blocks, and cross Lindell Boulevard. The Saint Louis University Museum of Art is approximately half block up Lindell, directly across the street from the Pius XII Memorial Library.
There is no parking lot specifically for the Saint Louis University Museum of Art. However, limited two-hour metered parking is available on Lindell Boulevard.
Parking is also available in the Scottish Rite lot near the intersection of Grand Boulevard and Olive Street. Turn west onto Olive Street from Grand Boulevard to find the lot on the left side of Olive Street, located directly behind the museum.
Another option is the Laclede Garage on Saint Louis University's campus. The garage is on the southwest corner of Grand and Laclede boulevards. As you're heading north on Grand, turn left on Laclede Boulevard (one block before Lindell Boulevard); the garage will be on your left. Laclede Garage is $2 per hour or $6 for the day.
If you are coming in a large vehicle such as a bus, you may park in the Fordham Lot of Reinert Hall just south of Forest Park Avenue. Visitors may be dropped off and picked up at the circle drive on Lindell Boulevard, behind Pius Library. At the Fordham Lot, vehicles will enter the black gate on the left. Drivers must stay with the vehicle. If you will need to park in the Fordham Lot, arrangements must be made by calling 314-977-6631 before the event.