Jill E. Burkemper, Ph.D.
Part-time assistant professor of health care ethics
Albert Gnaegi Center for Health Care Ethics
- Ph.D. in philosophy from International Academy of Philosophy in Liechtenstein
Publications and Media Placements
- Elmers, C., Burkemper J. (2012). "The Joint Commission/OSHA Compliance Course: Ethics in Health Care," MC Strategies Learning Management System.
- Burkemper, J. (2012). “Review of Nursing Ethics in Everyday Practice.” Doody's Review Service (on-line). Available: http://www.doody.com
- Burkemper, J. (2011). "The Ethical Responsibility of the Nurse Leader." In Grohar-Murray, M.E. and Langan, J.C., Leadership and Management in Nursing (4th Edition), Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Burkemper, J.E., DuBois, J.M., Lavin, M.A., Meyer, G.A., McSweeney, M. (2007). “Ethics Education in MSN Programs: A Study of National Trends.” Nursing Education Perspectives, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 10-17.
- Burkemper, J. (2002). "God's Dominion and the Wrongness of Killing," Health Care Ethics USA, vol. 10, no. 3.
- DuBois, J.M., Burkemper, J. (2002). "Ethics Education in U.S. Medical Schools: A Study of Syllabi," Academic Medicine, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 432-437.
- Ciesla, J. (2000). "Dying with Dignity, Crying for Clarity," Health Care Ethics USA, vol. 8, no. 1 (Winter 2000), pp. 7-8.
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities