Department of Communication
Messages matter. Students pursuing a communication degree at Saint Louis University learn to creatively design, effectively deliver and critically analyze messages to influence, connect and inform.
SLU offers a flexible, engaging communication program with undergraduate and graduate degrees designed to help you meet your personal, academic and professional goals. Our highly regarded faculty lead small classes, allowing you to work closely with professors and classmates. In addition, we offer opportunities for you to get involved on campus and participate in internships off campus. Our students have access to production equipment and software, and a growing network of alumni and supporters ensures that the Department of Communication remains competitive in the workforce and keeps up with evolving technology in the communication field.
Develop your ability to analyze messages, connect ideas and make ethical decisions in a program that:
- fosters curiosity and creativity.
- encourages you to ask questions and seek answers.
- challenges you to be innovative and reflective.
Grow in a program that encourages you to think critically and creatively by offering you opportunities to:
- create compelling stories.
- write clear and effective messages.
- produce digital media content.
Flourish as a student and leader, using what you learn to:
- bridge cultural differences and understand diverse viewpoints.
- speak out and promote social justice.
- apply what you are learning while making a difference in the community.