Yizhou Huang, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Theatre
Fine and Performing Arts
Exploring U.S. Diversity in Theatre; Playscript Analysis; History of Theatre and Dance; Global East Asian Performance
- Ph.D., Tufts University (2021)
- M.A., Tufts University
- B.A., Beijing Foreign Studies University
Dramatic literature and criticism, theatre history and historiography, performance studies, modern and contemporary Chinese theatre, Asian American theatre and performance, global Asian theatre and performance.
Publications and Media Placements
- 2022: “Marriage in Death and the Cyberspace of Feminist Intervention in Contemporary China,” Performance Research, vol. 27, no. 1 (48-54).
- 2022: “Critical Ambiguity: The Spatial Performance of Pao Arts Center in Boston’s Chinatown, 2017-2018,” Verge: Studies in Global Asias, vol. 8, no. 2 (144-169).
- 2020: “Performing Lost Politics: Ibsen in One Take (2012) and Wang Chong’s Double-Coded New Wave Theatre,” Asian Theatre Journal, vol. 37, no. 2
Honors and Awards
Selected Honors and Awards:
- 2020: Best Paper by an Early-Career Scholar (2019), Chinese Association of Journals in Theatre Studies, China
- 2020: New Scholars Prize, The Society for Theatre Research, UK
- 2019: Emerging Critic Award, Stage and Screen Reviews, China
- 2014: Helsinki Prize, International Federation for Theatre Research