The Department of Psychology at Saint Louis University works to ensure the student experience is collaborative with activities, speakers and organizations to enhance your learning experience.
Psi Chi is an international honor society whose purpose shall be to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Association for Psychological Science (APS). Our sister honor society is Psi Beta, the national honor society in psychology for community and junior colleges.
Psi Chi has chapters at more than 1,130 senior colleges and universities. A National Council, composed of psychologists who are Psi Chi members and who are elected by the chapters, guides the affairs of the organization and sets policy with the approval of the chapters.
Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students who meet the following qualifications:
- Majoring or minoring in psychology or for a program psychological in nature.
- Completed at least nine credit hours in the major.
- Has completed at least three semesters or the equivalent of full-time college coursework (classified as second semester sophomore for undergraduates) or completed 9 semester hours or the equivalent of graduate coursework.
- Earned a cumulative GPA of a minimum of 3.0 or higher that ranks the student in the top 35% of their class across campus for undergraduates or has earned a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in graduate coursework for graduate students.
We’re proud of the work our students and teachers do, which is why we honor their accomplishments each year with awards for both undergraduates and graduates.
- American Psychological Association (APA) Related Conferences
- American Psychological Society (APS) Annual Convention
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Find Funding
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Research and Funding
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Grants and Funding Opportunities
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- APA special-interest divisions
- American Psychological Society (APS)
- Psychological Societies
- Society for Cross-Cultural Research (SCCR)
- Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)
- Society of Experimental Social Psychology (SESP)
- American Psychological Society Student Caucus (APSSC)
- APAGS: APA Graduate Students