Angelyn Dries, O.S.F., Ph.D.
B.A. (English), Cardinal Stritch University
M.A. (Religious Education), Fordham University
Ph.D., Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, CA
- American Catholics in a Global Context
- Mission to, within, and from the United States
- Women and Mission
- American Catholic Interactions with Land, Water, and Nature
Publications and Media Placements
- Be Centered in Christ and Not in Self. The Missionary Society of Saint Columban: The North American Story, 1918-2018. Ann Arbor, MI: Edwards Brothers Malloy, 2017.
- Prayer and Practice in the American Catholic Community. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 2000. (with Joseph P. Chinnici, OFM)
- The Missionary Movement in American Catholic History. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books, 1998.
- “American Catholics in a Global Context,” in Thomas Rzeznik and Margaret McGuinness, eds., Cambridge Companion to American Catholicism. Cambridge University Press, Forthcoming, February 2021.
Honors and Awards
- Yale Fellow and Senior Scholar in Residence, Overseas Ministries Study Center, New Haven, CT, 2008
- Excellence in Teaching Award, American Catholic Historical Association, 2011
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Professional Achievement, Cardinal Stritch University, 2018
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Society of Missiology, President 1996-1997
- American Catholic Historical Association, President, 2015
- Overseas Ministries Study Center, New Haven, CT, Board of Trustees, 2005-2008
- The Academy of American Franciscan History, Editorial Board, Franciscans in the United States, 2011 and ongoing.
Community Work and Service
- St. Eugene Parish Twinning Committee (Fox Point, WI) with parish in Nkonkonjeru, Uganda (2013-present)
- Initiated the St. Eugene Parish Committee to examine recent Catholic teaching regarding Racism and to educate parishioners toward understanding and just action. (2020)
- Initial Committee member with two other Franciscan women’s communities in the United States to interact with native Cameroon Franciscan Sisters. (1998—2000). The group’s connection continues active and ongoing.