Paba Nidhani De Andrado, Ph.D.
Introduction to the Old Testament / Hebrew Bible (undergraduate and graduate); Introduction to the Pentateuch Biblical Prophets; Biblical Interpretation; God-Talk: Ultimate Questions in Theology
Ph.D, Durham University, UK (2012)
M.A. in Religious Studies, Hebrew University, Israel (2008)
- Resilience in the Bible
- Peripheral Biblical Characters (including Women in the Bible)
- Ancient Jewish and Early Christian Exegetical Traditions and Interactions
- The Sacrificial Cult and its Influence on Non-ritual Texts. Biblical Prophets
Publications and Media Placements
A Woman Validates the Word: Re-Thinking Huldah’s Prophetic Legacy and Locus (Work in Progress)
The Akedah Servant Complex: The Soteriological Linkage of Genesis 22 and Isaiah 53 in Ancient Jewish and Early Christian Texts. Biblical Exegesis and Theology Series 69 (Peeters Publishers, Leuven, Belgium) 2013.
“Reconciliation in the Templeless Age: The Servant’s Function as Sanctuary in Isaiah 53,” Old Testament Essays -- OTE 34 No. 3 (2021): 915–935.
“Hannah’s Agency in Catalyzing Change in an Exclusive Hierarchy,” Journal of Biblical Literature 140 (2021): 271–289.
“The Resilience of the Captive Girl Child in 2 Kings 5,” Journal for the Study of the Old Testament 45 (2021): 461–475.
“‘A Model of Christ’: Melito’s Re-Vision of Jewish (Akedah) Exegeses,” Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations 12 No 1 (2017): 1-18.
“Hesed and Sacrifice: The Prophetic Critique in Hosea,” Catholic Biblical Quarterly 78 No 1 (2016): 47-67.
“A Pauline Paradigm of Partnership” in Concilium: International Journal for Theology (2010/2011) (English Edition; SCM Canterbury Press, UK). Also translated into German, Italian, and Spanish.
“‘He was to Her as a Son’: The Intercultural Adoption of Moses and its Implications” in Adoption in the Hebrew Bible (eds. Ekaterina Kozlova and Cat Quine; Bloomsbury T& T Clark) -- Forthcoming 2023.
“A Resilient Reading of the Young Miriam in Exodus 2” (forthcoming in Violence Against Women and Children in the Hebrew Bible: Between Trauma and Resilience, eds. Kristine Garroway, Paul Kim and John Martens, T&T Clark, Bloomsbury Publishing) –Forthcoming 2023.
Honors and Awards
- Core Curricular Innovation Fellowship (2023)
- Mellon Award (2022)
- Faculty Professional Advancement Grant, Curry College, MA (2016)
- Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst (DAAD: Summer Research Grant at the University of Tübingen, Germany (2010)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Member of the Society of Biblical Literature (SBL)
- Member of the Society for Old Testament Study, UK (SOTS)
- Member of the Catholic Biblical Association (CBA)