The Saint Louis University Libraries provide access to a multitude of electronic information resources through the internet. Anyone can access these resources by using a computer in the libraries or any computer on the SLU campus that is connected to the University's network.
Due to copyright restrictions and software licenses, remote access to subscription, electronic resources is available only to current SLU faculty, staff and students.
Off-Campus Access to Subscription-Based E-Resources
SLU Proxy Access
This service allows access to all Saint Louis University subscribed databases, journals and e-texts.
- Select a subscription database, e-journal, or e-text from SLU Libraries' home page.
- If the IP address of the computer you are using is not in Saint Louis University's specified range, a SLU Proxy Access Web page will appear asking you to enter your SLU Net ID, which is your SLU ID (Example: smithja), and your SLU ID password, which is the password you use to log into your MySLU account. This screen appears only the first time you select a subscription resource during a browser session.
- If you are having trouble with your login credentials, please follow these instructions.
- Your email address is not your SLU net ID
- Go to auth.slu.edu and follow the instructions here to reset your SLU password.
- Log in using your current SLU Net ID and SLU Net password.
- You must change your SLU Net ID password, at least every 180 days.
- If you are still unable to login, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 977-4000.
For further information about your SLU email, Banner, or mySLU access, go to the New to SLU? information page or contact Information Technology Services (ITS) at 314-977-4000 about resolving your login issue.
For assistance using the databases or e-journals, please Ask a Librarian or visit the SLU library homepage.
Off-Campus Access to OVID Databases
If you have an assigned OVID username and password, please go directly to http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ to enter them and gain access to the OVID group of databases.
Access to the SLU Libraries Catalog
Use of the Saint Louis University Libraries online catalog is not limited to SLU faculty, staff and students— anyone can access the catalog from anywhere. If you are a SLU student, faculty member or staff member, you may use My Library Account to:
- Create your Library Password (this is the same as your PIN)
- View checked-out books, requested books, and fines
- Save searches in the SLU Library Catalog and create email alerts
Resolving Proxy Problems
Please read over the following known issues if you are having problems accessing library subscription resources from off campus.
- Please use your SLU Net ID password as your EZproxy login password. Do not use your email address as username.
- If you use AOL as your Internet Service Provider, you may need to
- Minimize the AOL browser
- Use another browser such as FireFox, Chrome or Internet Explorer to access subscription resources.
- If SLU Proxy Access is not accepting your username and/or password.
- Be sure you have changed your SLU Net password is the last 180 days.
- If you have your computer set to automatically save your passwords, disable that feature
and clear all passwords. Your system may be filling in an old password automatically
while you are entering a new one. This results in no access.
- To clear password in Firefox, go to Tools-->Options-->Security-->under Passwords, click Saved Passwords. You may also uncheck "Remember passwords for sites.
- To clear passwords in Chrome, open menu icon in upper, right-hand corner-->Click Settings-->Advanced Settings-->Passwords and forms-->Manage passwords.
- To clear passwords in Internet Explorer, go to Tools-->Internet Options-->General tab-->under Browsing History, click Delete...-->uncheck all options except Passwords-->click Delete.
- If you are trying to access e-journals through the SLU E-Journal Portal or trying to display a pdf document in a new window, be sure all pop-up blockers are turned off for that site.
- If you are trying to access subscription resources from your workplace, please talk with your company's network administrator since some company firewalls block access.
- If you have a personal firewall installed on your computer, some of your settings may prevent access. Please change your settings or turn off the firewal.
- If you are using the SLU VPN, please disconnect as it interferes with the library Proxy.
On-Campus Access to Subscription-Based E-Resources
Access to subscription-based electronic resources is available in the SLU Libraries or from any computer on the SLU campus that is connected to the University's Network. Your SLU Net ID and SLU Net ID password will provide access to the computers in the iCommons at Pius XII Memorial Library. If you are not a current SLU student, faculty, or staff member, please see the Library/Computer Use Guidelines for guest/visitor access at Pius XII Memorial Library.