Communication is the foundation of human societies. Indeed, they rise through communication and would cease to function without it. Communication is the model of a cross-disciplinary field that is anchored in the liberal arts and a quest for knowledge.
At SLU-Madrid, our students regularly practice and refine their skills in writing, multimedia productions and new media—and do so with critical sensibilities on board. Furthermore, students are not exclusively bound to the classroom; they regularly receive credit for off-campus internships. You’ll graduate from Saint Louis University prepared for a career in media, publicity or journalism, as well as other demanding fields such as law and teaching.
Our full-time faculty were all trained at highly-rated universities with specializations in mass media, education and new media, interpersonal and intercultural communication. Moreover, our photography and journalism courses are delivered by acclaimed professionals who are also seasoned and successful teachers.
Along with enacting day-by-day devotion to teaching and conferences, our faculty are committed to being active scholars — producing, editing and reviewing scholarship — in a field where change occurs at head-spinning velocity. The department's per capita rate of scholarly output compares with far larger institutions.
- Daniel Chornet Roses, Ph.D., program director
- Brian Goss, Ph.D.
- Luana Fischer, M.F.A.
- Dale Fuchs
- Anne McCabe, Ph.D.
- Rosana Vivar Navas, Ph.D.
Each year, the faculty of the Department of Communication recognize a student as Graduate of the Year during May convocation. Previous Graduates of the Year are:
- 2020-2021: Lukas Briggs (Westland, Michigan, USA)
- 2019-2020: Teresa Brage Tauler (Madrid, Spain)
- 2018-2019: Eleonora Colzani (Briosco, Italy), Livia Gasparini (New York, New York, USA) & Destiny Vernon (Wes Babylon, New York, USA)
- 2017-2018: Jennyfer D. Zuili (Paris, France)
- 2016-2017: Mackenzie Rodgers (Holland, Pennsylvania, USA)
- 2015-2016: M. Murphy Barney (Bismarck, North Dakota, USA)
- 2014-2015: Bracey H. Parr (Suffolk, Virginia, USA)
- 2013-2014: Nada Tahiri (Tangier, Morocco)
- 2012-2013: Laura de Socarraz Novoa (Miami, Florida, USA)
- 2011-2012: Kimberly Cacicedo O'Connor (Bilbao, Spain)