The department has a limited number of assistantships to be awarded for each academic year. The graduate assistantship application deadline is Jan. 3, 2023.
(Two) 11-month appointments: One position serves as coordinator for the Center for Counseling and Family Therapy (CCFT) working under the supervision of the CCFT Director. The other position assists the CCFT coordinator. Both appointments provide opportunities for research, teaching, and administrative activity.
9-month appointments: These assistants will serve primarily as research assistants for faculty in the department as well as gain experience in teaching and administrative activities. All assistantships will provide opportunities for students to serve as members of research teams and be involved in data collection and management, data analysis, writing, presentations, and publications.
Graduate Assistantship Information
- 11-month appointment: July 1 - May 31
- Tuition Remission (summer, fall, and spring)
- 9-month appointment: August - May
- Tuition Remission (fall and spring)
Graduate Assistantship Requirements
- Students must be or become full-time students during the period of the assistantship.
- Engage in 20 hours of work per week during the assistantship period.
- As full-time students with 20 hours/week work responsibility, Graduate Assistants may not maintain other employment.
- Attend mandatory Graduate Assistant orientation meeting.
Criteria for Selection
- Strong academic record
- Strong computer and writing skills
- Research experience - strongly preferred
- Flexibility in timing, ability to work with minimal direction, ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- How an assistantship would benefit you in your career goals
- Financial need
The deadline for submission of Graduate Assistant applications is January 15, 2019.
Application Submission Instructions
- Please complete the Graduate Assistantship application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Application for Assistantship followed by your name.
- If you cannot email your application, please mail it to: MFT Program, Attn: Admission Committee, Saint Louis University, Morrissey Hall, Suite 1101, 3700 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108
If you have any questions, please contact the Medical Family Therapy Program at 314- 977-7108.