Saint Louis University and the Department of Comparative Medicine within the School of Medicine are committed to supporting the continued advancements in biomedical research.
The Department of Comparative Medicine is dedicated to ensuring humane care and use for all animals used in research endeavors. It provides professional veterinary and technical support services to investigators using animals in experimental procedures.
Comparative Medicine Responsibilities and Services
- Provide AAALAC-accredited facilities for housing laboratory animals
- Consultation and collaboration with research personnel to assist in project planning and model development
- Training programs
- Animal procurement
- Provide daily animal husbandry
- Colony health surveillance
- Institutional compliance with animal welfare regulations, standards and policies
- Veterinary and technical support
- Environmental enrichment
Additional information about the Department of Comparison Medicine is available to SLU researchers, students, faculty and staff.