Saint Louis University affords multiple benefits to its residents. The full list can be found on the SLU Graduate Medical Education website.
Highlights for vascular surgical residents:
- Lead aprons (residents and fellows) and surgical loupes (residents)
- Free, close parking at all training sites. Free parking is also available at several
SLU parking garages
Complimentary) membership to the SLU Simon Recreation Center, which contains a full fitness center, basketball courts, an indoor track, and pool.
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year, taken in one-week blocks
- Competitive salary in a low cost of living city – starting around $54,000 for PGY-1 residents
- Provided health insurance with 100% of premiums paid by SLU. Add-on options for dental and vision insurance are available
- Available low-cost life insurance plans
- Provided disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with no-cost counseling and support through the Behavioral
403 (b) retirement plan eligibility