Saint Louis University affords multiple benefits to its residents. The full list can be found on the SLU Graduate Medical Education website.
Visit the GME Benefits Website
Highlights for vascular surgical residents:
- Assistance with the purchase of lead aprons and surgical loupes
- Free, close parking at all training sites. Free parking is also available at several
SLU parking garages
Complimentary) membership to the SLU Simon Recreation Center, which contains a full fitness center, basketball courts, an indoor track, and pool.
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year, taken in one-week blocks
- Competitive salary in a low cost of living city – starting around $54,000 for PGY-1 residents
- Provided health insurance with 100% of premiums paid by SLU. Add-on options for dental and vision insurance are available
- Available low-cost life insurance plans
- Provided disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program with no-cost counseling and support through the Behavioral
403 (b) retirement plan eligibility