- Division of Diversity and Innovative Community Engagement
- Clocktower Accords
- The Institute for Healing, Justice and Equity
Need to organize a specialized workshop for your department or program? Contact Gina.Merys@slu.edu
Recent Reinert Center Blogs
- Why Talk About Race in the Classroom (Reinert)
- Three Resources to Help for Anti-Racist Teaching and Course Design (Reinert)
- AAUP on Reducing Racism in the Classroom
- Inclusive Course Design (Reinert)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Blog (Reinert) Review of Zaretta Hammond’s Culturally Responsive Teaching and the Brain: Promoting Authentic Engagement and Rigor among Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students, Thousand Oaks, 2015.
- Helping Students Reclaim Cognitive Resources (Reinert) Review of Cia Verschelden’s Bandwidth Recovery: Helping Students Reclaim Cognitive Resources Lost to Poverty, Racism, and Social Marginalization, Stylus Pub., 2017.
More Suggested Readings
- Ash, A. N.; Hill, R.; Risdon, S. and Jun, A. (2020) "Anti-Racism in Higher Education: A Model for Change," Race and Pedagogy Journal: Teaching and Learning for Justice: Vol. 4 : No. 3
- Cole, C.E. (2017) Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy in Higher Education: Teaching so That Black Lives Matter. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: An International Journal, 36 (8) pp. 736–750.
- Haynes, C. (2017). Dismantling the White supremacy embedded in our classrooms: White faculty in pursuit of more equitable educational outcomes. International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, 29(1), 87-107
- Haynes, C., & Patton, L. D. (2019). From Racial Resistance to Racial Consciousness: Engaging White STEM Faculty in Pedagogical Transformation. Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, 22(2), 85–98.
- Pedagogies of Care: Open Resources for Student-Centered and Adaptive Strategies in the New Higher-Ed Landscape (Victoria Mondelli and Thomas J. Tobin, collection editors, 2020)