Awards from the Co-Curricular Fund are available to faculty members, program directors and department chairs in Saint Louis University’s College of Arts and Sciences to support student-centered educational activities that are extensions of the normal classroom.
While there is no maximum award, the amount normally will not exceed $500 per project. Examples of activities that may be eligible for funding include:
- Class field trips or attendance at cultural events
- Service projects
- Student retreats
- Seminar speakers
The above list is not inclusive, and other student-centered activities will be considered.
The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences administers this fund. Requests are evaluated based on the activity’s educational value, the number of students to be benefited and the availability of matching funds from your department or other sources.
Proposals for co-curricular funds should be clear and well-written and must be signed by the appropriate departmental chairperson or program director. They must include:
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s title
- Applicant’s department
- Applicant’s mailing address, email address and phone number
- Title of proposed co-curricular activity
- Date of proposed co-curricular activity
- One page description of the proposed co-curricular activity and its educational value
- Itemized budget and matching funds, if available
Applications for funding are considered on a rolling basis.
Apply for Co-Curricular Funds
See the Arts and Science Faculty and Staff Policy Manual for additional details.