Established in 1984, the Boeing Institute of International Business at Saint Louis University’s Richard A. Chaifetz School of Business offers a breadth of global business resources for students and alumni, as well as the business community, faculty, government and professional organizations.
The institute’s existence was spearheaded by Seung Kim, Ph.D., a former director of the institute and chairman of SLU’s Department of International Business. His goal was to continue strengthening and expanding global programs through leadership and relationships.
The Boeing Institute of International Business offers many learning opportunities focused on international business at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels, as well as events, professional programs, and a global research and data center.
The Chaifetz School of Business was ranked #1 in the region and #9 in the country for graduate education in international business by U.S. News & World Report's 2022 Best Graduate School Rankings.* We couldn't be more proud of what this national ranking says about the quality of our programs and the success of our graduates.
The institute, in conjunction with the Department of International Business, offers a number of undergraduate and graduate academic programs of study in international business.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has challenged most academic institutions, it has allowed us to utilize and implement new and creative methods of communication. Our EMIB cohorts of students and faculty are currently meeting on campus for class, and we also offer online participation options. The high level of academia this program has possessed for over 35 years remains consistent, with even more innovative ways initiated to complete team projects and conduct classroom discussions.
Your need to grow and accelerate your career remains at the heart of our mission. We are optimistic and are actively accepting applications for our next cohort. Generous scholarships are still available!
Businesses rely on research to predict, manage and respond to business trends. The Boeing Institute not only offers a variety of programs and events on international business but is also committed to helping businesses understand the challenges and trends of conducting business globally. Through our research and publications, we help companies and individuals stay abreast on global business issues.
Professional events include the International Business Awards Ceremony, the Bayer International Business Conference and the Boeing Distinguished Guest Lecture in International Business. Additional events are held throughout the year.
Boeing Institute Team
The Boeing Institute is powered by talented faculty who engage in leading research, committed staff and an engaged advisory board of industry professionals who support the institute.
- Jill Newman, Program Manager
- Jennifer Oppermann, Program Assistant
- Mary Porter, Program Assistant
- Sid Ambort, President of Commercial Industry Motors - Nidec Motor Corp.
- Tony Andrew, Global Business Unit Leader - International Flavors & Fragrances
- Thomas Bottini, International Business Consultant & Attorney
- Sara Brunnquell, Vice President of U.S. Accounting - Bayer
- Kevin Carr, Managing Director - Marsh USA Inc.
- Robert Clausen, Chairman Emeritus - BIIB Advisory Board
- Eugene Cunningham, Former Vice President - The Boeing Company
- Philip DeFord, Executive Vice President - DHR International
- Dr. David Dowell, Chief Operating Officer and Executive Vice President - Novus International
- John Gialouris, President - John Gialouris, LLC Consulting
- Keith Grypp, Vice President & General Counsel - Vi-Jon, Inc.
- Thomas Gunn, Owner - Gunn Group
- Ellen Harshman, Dean Emerita & Director of Bicentennial Planning - Saint Louis University
- Lin Hemings, Division VP of Operational Excellence - Maritz
- Quinn Henry, Management Rotation Program - The Boeing Company
- Michael Higgins, Chief Executive Officer - Epic Systems
- Todd Hovermale, Vice President - Regions Financial Corp.
- Brian Josephson, Chief Executive Officer - Ark Industries
- Seung Kim, Vice President of Development - Saint Louis University
- Jeff Klopfenstein, Former President, Senior Consultant - Novus International
- Jill Kogan, Director of Global Benefits COE & North America Rewards - Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Amparo Kollman-Moore, International Business Consultant - Ampy Kollman-Moore, LLC
- Patrick Larmon, Former President - Bunzl Distribution
- Alfredo Legorreta, Former Vice President - Maritz
- John Lyday, Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer - Bunzl
- A.C. Marchionne, President of Sales & Marketing - Greiner Bio One N.A. Inc.
- Daniel Mehan, President & CEO - Missouri Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Chad Merryman, Chief Commercial Officer - Watlow
- Jeff Naeger, Partner - RubinBrown LLP
- Dennis Plummer, Co-Founder - ARVEGENIX
- Mike Ponder, Senior Program Manager, Boeing
- Patrick Sly, Executive Vice President - Emerson Electric Co.
- Timothy Sullivan, Group President - Barry-Wehmiller Companies, Inc.
- Fan Tielking, Partner - Ernst & Young
- Dana Wiele, Senior Vice President & Associate General Counsel - RGA Reinsurance Company
*2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Graduate Schools, MBA Specialties