Congratulations on your admission to Saint Louis University School of Law. This checklist will help prepare you for your first day of law school.
- Begin to think about health insurance. All incoming students will need to enroll in the University Health Plan or waive coverage if already actively covered by another plan. Students will have access to this process in early to mid-July. You will receive more information about the process closer to that time. Please note: Part-time students do NOT need to submit a health insurance waiver. More information on the health plan
- Complete the required Student Health Forms. They must be completed by August 1. Please mail completed forms to the following address:
Student Health Center
Marchetti Tower East
3518 Laclede Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63103
- Figure out financing and budget. Jessica Seavers in the Office of Financial Aid is available to assist you with this. Find instructions on how to view your bill, make a payment, or enable direct deposit for financial aid refunds
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in MySLU. Many students will be moving over the summer, so please ensure your account is up to date with any local/permanent address changes.
- Start to utilize your slu.edu email account. Beginning in July, all communication from SLU LAW faculty and administration will be sent to your slu.edu account.
- Orientation information will be sent to you and your classes will be released on Banner. SLU LAW will register you for your first-year classes. You will not have your schedule until mid-July. Once you have your schedule, you can begin to purchase books through the law school's bookstore. Find information about the purchase of law school books
- The official transcript from your degree-conferring institution is due to the Office of Admissions by August 1. If you have already submitted an official transcript showing your degree conferred date through LSAC when you applied, there is no need to submit it again. If you are a graduating senior, the transcript you submitted with your application likely does not show your degree conferred, and you will need to have your university submit the final transcript to our office.
- Immunization records are due to the University Student Health and Counseling Center. For immunization requirements and the required form
- Core Grammar for Lawyers becomes available. Completing this online writing support program is a graduation requirement that you will complete in your first year at SLU LAW. More information will follow.
- Orientation begins. During orientation you will have your ID photo taken and you will receive your SLU ID.
- You will receive more details later this summer.
- First day of classes.