All incoming students will be registered by the School of Law for their fall classes in mid-July. Once you are registered, you will be able to see your class schedule via your mySLU account.
Your professors will use a variety of ways to get your syllabi to you, including emailing it to you directly, posting it on TWEN, passing it out the first day of class, or posting it to Blackboard. Your syllabi may be available beforehand or your professor may wait and pass it out during the first class — it just depends on the professor’s preference. You will want to check your SLU email address regularly before Orientation to see what your professors have sent. TWEN is a Westlaw service, and you will not be able to access TWEN until you get passwords during Orientation.
Your mySLU allows access to email, registration, course schedules and descriptions, personal information and other University functions. In order to access this system, you will need to perform an initial login. Prior to your first login, you must first establish a permanent password. Please follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://password.slu.edu
- Enter your SLU Net ID. Your initial Google Apps password is “ID” followed by the last six (6) digits of your Banner ID number. For example, if the last 6 digits of your Banner ID are 123456, then your password would be ID123456.
- After clicking Submit, you will be prompted to create your Password Challenge Questions. These will be used in the event that you forget your SLU Net Password. By answering the challenge questions at http://password.slu.edu , you will be able to reset your password yourself.
- You can find your SLU NET ID and email address by looking yourself up on the SLU online directory called People Finder.
- You can also refer to your acceptance letter information that included your student ID number, SLU Net ID, and your SLU email address. Please keep this information handy, as you will need to reference it to access your student records, schedule and financial aid information.
- Go to https://myslu.slu.edu
- Enter your SLU Net ID and SLU Net ID Password you created above and then click Login.
- Make sure you are logged into the MySLU portal (as directed above)
- Click on the Tools tab
- Select Banner Self-Service. The MySLU portal is an integrated sign-on system and thus you will not need to enter a username or password when clicking on Banner Self-Service through the MySLU portal.
- Select Student
- Select Registration
- Select Term and click on Fall 2016 from the drop down menu and hit Submit
- Select Week at a Glance
- Select each individual class listing to see a Student Detail Schedule for each class
- Select Syllabus available to view all information about this class, including course description, books, and possibly first assignment/Syllabus (if your Professor posts in Banner - he or she may not).
- Select Return to Previous Menu twice to return to Week at a Glance Class Listing
Keep in mind, even if you notify the Admissions Office of your updated address, you will still need to confirm your address is correct in Banner.
- If you are establishing a new address in Saint Louis, you will need to update your address in Banner, so the University has an accurate student record for you.
- Click on the Personal Information tab
- Select Update Addresses and Phones
- Review the addresses listed. If any addresses need to be updated, select the “Current” link next to the corresponding address and following the instructions on the Update Address and Phone - Update/Insert page
- To insert a new address, choose the address type from the list (at the bottom of the page) and select Submit.
- Statement of accounts/bills will be mailed to the following address types in this order: Billing, Permanent and then Local. We suggest that students use effective start and end dates if they are in the process of moving from one city to another.