To talk with the professional staff, make an appointment or ask a question, please call our main phone number at 314-977-8255 (TALK).
Counseling services are available to all qualifying students at Saint Louis University free of charge, including those in full-time, part-time, graduate, law, and medical programs. Services to online students/remote learners are governed, and at times limited, by practice standards and laws of each state. We offer SLU students a variety of treatment options to meet your needs:
- The University Counseling Center offers traditional, scheduled, in-person and virtual appointments.
- Our 24/7 behavioral health nurse triage line remains available for immediate student consultation at any time by calling 314-977-8255 and pressing Option 9.
- For students who prefer the convenience of telehealth appointments, you may access our contracted telehealth company (MDLive) for scheduled counseling sessions. SLU pays most of the cost for this service and students only pay a $15 session fee, with no additional billing to insurance. Call 314-977-8255, press Option 9 and ask to schedule a virtual appointment with an MDLive counselor.
- Students who prefer to discuss personal issues by messaging are encouraged to text “HOME” to 741741 to access a counselor for on-demand assistance.
- For students who prefer to meet with an off-campus counselor, you may contact our care manager for help with finding a local referral.
To schedule an appointment by phone, call our main phone number at 314-977-8255 (TALK) and press Option # 0 (zero).
Use the following link to schedule an appointment online: https://slu-counseling.titaniumhwc.com/, then open the “Registration Forms and Schedule Appointment” tab, complete the screens and select your own appointment. Only schedule ONE appointment at a time.
- Appointments can be made in-person during business hours with our Senior Patient Care Coordinator, Shontay Kimmins. Our office is located on the second floor of Wuller Hall on the North Campus.
- Your initial consultation appointment will typically last 30-50 minutes.
- You will be asked to complete a number of forms.
- Your provider will recommend treatment and follow-up options.
- In some cases, you may be referred to a physician and/or psychiatrist as part of your care.
Call 314-977-8255 (TALK) at least 24 hours in advance to cancel or change appointments.
University Counseling is located on the second floor of Wuller Hall, which can be accessed through the Eckelkamp Center for Campus Ministry on West Pine, just west of the clock tower. During the academic year we are open from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except during University holidays. Our summer and winter break hours are from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.