SLU-Madrid Library has four group study rooms that can be reserved using the online room reservation system, Libcal. If you have trouble using the online room reservation system, please write to email@example.com or stop by the library for help.
The four study rooms have a table, chairs, and whiteboards. Erase markers and erasers are available for check-out at the Circulation Desk.
Terms and conditions
- Madrid Library Study rooms are unmediated and unlocked. Anyone can use the study rooms, but priority is given to the group who has an online reservation.
- Groups (two to four people) can reserve a room for two hours maximum. Rooms are renewable for one additional hour if no group has a previous hold.
- Study rooms are for group study. Their use must pertain to collective study activities or research tasks.
- Commercial use of study rooms, including private classes, is strictly forbidden. If a misuse of the room is observed, the library reserves the right to revoke access.
- Users of the study rooms must belong to the university community of SLU-Madrid.
- The person who made the reservation must be present to show LibCal confirmation to patrons who might already be occupying the space.
- Groups who are using a study room but do not have reservation must vacate the room when a group with LibCal on the room arrives and shows their confirmation text or email.
- In the event a person with LibCal reservation does not have a way to show their confirmation, a library staff will check the reservation system.
- Each patron can make one reservation for up to two hours per day. Reservations can be made seven days in advance.
- Rooms must be ready to use when vacated by the assignee. Please take personal items with you. Furniture and whiteboards must stay in the room. Furniture may not be removed or added to the study room.
- Please do not leave any personal material unattended. Remember the doors are not locked. The library is not responsible for any thefts.
- Food is not permitted.
- Beverages in open containers, cans, mugs, glasses, or cups without lids are not permitted.
- SLU-Madrid Library reserves the right to remove anyone who does not adhere to these guidelines.
In addition to the above, the person who made the reservation is responsible for the following:
- Please keep room tidy and remove trash.
- Please be aware that loud conversation can be heard outside of the study room. Please be considerate.
- If you know you will not be using a reserved room, please make sure to cancel your reservation using the link in your confirmation email.
- Please arrive within 10 minutes of your reserved start time. Otherwise, your entire reservation will be forfeited.