The Saint Louis University School of Medicine communications office assists faculty and staff in promoting department/office news and events across SLU and the SOM's internal and external communication channels. Contact our office if you have questions about which communication channel best fits your promotional needs.
Dean’s Weekly Bulletin
Help us deliver timely, up-to-date and relevant information to the SLU SOM community
by completing the SOM Bulletin Submission Form.
Submit news, announcements, congratulations, and kudos by 5 p.m. each Monday for inclusion in that week's Wednesday edition.
School of Medicine Website
The SLU School of Medicine's website is our institution's primary resource to promote departments, research, community outreach, diversity and inclusion, and our image and reputation.
It's important to note that the website's audience is primarily external. SLU policy states all web pages, web microsites and web content that are part of Saint Louis University shall be housed within the University's content management system (CMS).
We are happy to consult with your department for website projects.
*If you have more than one page of updates to submit, please submit all necessary changes on one ticket, rather than submitting for each page. Feel free to utilize the file drop function located in the form.*
Many faculty and staff administrators around Saint Louis University School of Medicine can access their department's website by becoming a content management system (CMS) user. Becoming a CMS user is relatively easy, and can greatly improve the quality of content on your website. Any full-time Saint Louis University faculty or staff member is eligible to become a CMS user.
CMS Access and Best Practices
Here is a reference guide for creating content for the School of Medicine website. Visit the official University Marcom site for more detailed content best practices.
- Have a clear vision of what you want website visitors to see
- Have at least 300-500 words of body copy
- Write at an easily accessible level
- Include relevant and good-looking photos
- Review Saint Louis University’s web policies
- Create a page if you don’t have to
- Write like you are writing an academic paper
- Write long, overcomplicated, compound and lengthy sentences
- Forget to spell check!
- Include photos that are low resolution
School of Medicine faculty, trainees, students, and staff who wish to broadcast a message to the SOM campus must submit a slide to the SOM Digital Signage Platform.
Before submitting, ensure that the slide is in the appropriate format:
- 16x9 format
- No red backgrounds
- Relevant information: (date, time, location, speaker, speaker’s photo)
- No long text
SLU SOM social media aims to inspire and educate the various audiences that follow SLU School of Medicine. Our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) have more than 13,000 followers.
Audiences vary depending on the platform but include:
- Current and prospective students
- Faculty and staff
- Alumni and parents
If you haven't yet, please follow our social channels and tag us in your posts.
If you have an idea for a social post on one of our platforms, please use the social media content request form below.
SLU Calendar of Events
What to submit?
- In general, only events affiliated with the University will be published.
- Readers are encouraged to submit calendar items as early as possible.
- All submissions must be in complete sentences. Events submitted at least one week in advance may be published twice at the discretion of the Newslink editor (special request required).
- Be sure to tag your events "School of Medicine" or "Research" for inclusion on the SOM website home page calendar.
- Events must be submitted through the online calendar.
What to submit?
- Events, news and announcements, lectures and speeches, awards and recognition, books and publications, faculty appointments, student scholarships, and media mentions.
- Unlimited space for events/symposiums, etc.
- Be sure to include submissions for Professional Notes, a monthly highlight of accomplishments.