We want to ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed in your academic career at Saint Louis University’s School for Professional Studies. We understand it's a challenge to work, spend time with your family and friends, and go to SLU all at the same time.
But we also know that you can do it. We are here to help you every step of the way.
New Student Checklist
- Download the 2023-2024 SPS New Student Handbook (PDF)
- Connect with your academic coach.
- Check your course registration in Banner Self-Serve each term. Because we allow online students to register for an entire year, it can be difficult to keep track of your long-term registrations.
- Use your academic plan as a reference for required courses. Course prerequisites will be listed below each course. After you complete a course, mark your grade and the semester in which you took the course.
- Order your student ID. For more information, contact Parking and Card Services at 314-977-2957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you’ve fulfilled all online requirements and are able to access your classes.
Additional links and information about our campus in St. Louis and student resources to help you get the most out of your time at SLU.
- Pius XII Memorial Library
- Career Services
- Simon Recreation Center
- Student Health Center
- Center for Accessibility and Disability Resources
- SLU Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Whether you need textbooks for a class or just a good book to read, you can find it at the SLU Bookstore along with computer accessories, school supplies and all sorts of Billiken gear.
- Emergency and Inclement Weather Notifications
To check for University closing due to weather, natural disaster or other calamity, call 314-977-SNOW (7669). Cancellations due to winter weather will also be announced through most local TV and radio stations and SLU’s social media.
- Parking and Card Services
If you need to visit campus, limited parking is available directly behind Brouster Hall at 3840 Lindell Blvd. A larger surface lot, "Holy Cross," is located half a block south of Lindell on Vandeventer Avenue, and an additional surface lot, "Seattle," is located at the southwest corner of Vandeventer and West Pine. Limited metered street parking is also available. For information on parking permits for these lots, including semester and annual rates, visit Parking and Card Services, or call 314-977-2957.
- Public Safety
The University Department of Public Safety's uniformed security officers will provide a free escort to students' cars upon request. The phone number for DPS is 314-977-3000. Most campus parking lots have well-marked outdoor telephones with direct lines to DPS. A direct line is also located on the east wall of the lower-level platform at the Grand Avenue Metrolink station.