Resources, including grant opportunities, are available for faculty, staff, students and alumni in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies.
The Giving Circle
The Giving Circle Endowment Grant is funded by donations from faculty members and alumni to provide small grants to support student research expenses. Any student pursuing a major, minor or a graduate degree in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies is eligible to apply for a grant. Grant amounts range from $100 to $250.
Applicants must submit:
- One-to-two page description in 12-point font of the project that justifies the expense
- Budget (For travel, include any registration fees, transportation, hotel and meal estimates)
- Copy of request for funds from other relevant University sources
- Current resume
- One letter of recommendation from faculty
Applications should include a cover letter that includes the applicant’s name, phone number, email, any declared majors or minors, month and year of expected graduation, overall GPA, departmental GPA and the name of the faculty member who has submitted the letter of recommendation. Undergraduates should provide a link to their women’s and gender studies portfolio.
The grant is a rolling application, but in general applications for second semester and summer are due by December. Applications for summer and fall semester are due by March. Applications should be submitted to Robert Strikwerda, Ph.D., chair of the Women’s and Gender Studies’ Governance and Finance Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women's and gender studies undergraduate and graduate degree worksheet (for faculty reference)
- Criteria for women's and gender studies classes (for faculty interested in cross-listing with women's and gender's studies)