phone: (314) 977-2231
fax: (314) 977-1695
Role in the Reinert Center
As a graduate assistant in the Center, Qianlu assists in the administration of the Certificate in University Teaching Skills program. She also conducts research on teaching and learning topics; consults with graduate students about teaching; and assists Center staff with design, implementation, and assessment of programs.
Areas of Expertise
- Organize and facilitate orientation sessions for new teaching assistants.
- Conduct mid-semester focus groups with students upon instructor request.
- Conduct confidential teaching consultations with graduate student instructors.
- Organize and contribute to Center publications and web-based resources.
- Conduct research on teaching and learning.
- Facilitate online seminars for Certificate program.
- Administer Certificate in University Teaching Skills program.
Qianlu is a doctoral student in the Public and social policy program of the College of Arts and Sciences at Saint Louis University, focusing on health policy for aging populations. She joined the Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching and Learning in July 2022. Qianlu earned her BA degree in agricultural economics and management at Renmin University of China, China, and her research master’s degree in Sociology at the Peking University, China. Qianlu has experience in teaching Sociology of Death and Dying for undergraduates at Peking University, China. Prior to entering her Ph.D. program, Qianlu worked as a Business and Policy Analyst in Beijing.