Saint Louis University, in consultation with local health departments, as well as SLU’s own public health and infectious disease experts, has developed plans to safely house residential students for the fall 2020 semester.
Students who plan to live on campus should have their housing assignments. If you have not received your assignment or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returning Student Move-In: Returning student move-in will be Aug. 14-16.
- New Student Move-In: To allow for social distancing, the University plans to expand new student move-in from one day to three, Aug. 11-13.
Specific housing assignments will dictate students’ specific move-in dates. We recognize that this is complicated for those families who are traveling a long distance, and will consider move-in scheduling changes based on extraordinary circumstances.
Safeguards for Move-In
- Move-in will take place over three days instead of one, with staggered blocks to avoid large groups in close proximity
- We will enforce a limit of two move-in “helpers” per student
- There will be health screening prior to entering residential buildings
- We will require face masks for all those who enter residential buildings (with exceptions only for those with ADA accommodations)
Dining On Campus
The majority of SLU’s dining locations will be operational during the fall semester
and the campus meal plan will begin on August 11, coinciding with the first day of move-in. Grand Dining Hall, our north campus franchise locations, Ameren Café and south
campus locations are all planned to open.
Seating capacity will be reduced at all dine-in locations and the majority of services will be recommended for carry out.
For hours and the latest information, visit DineSLU.