The accountant’s role has changed substantially over the past decade. Today, accountants are actively involved in the analysis and interpretation of financial data and work with other executives in decision-making and problem-solving activities.
The accounting program at Saint Louis University will help you develop strong ethical, technical and professional accounting skills. Our graduates have a long history of success on the CPA exam, earning the Missouri gold medal on several occasions and also earning the Elijah Watt Sells award for outstanding performance across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination. The accounting program is separately accredited by the AACSB, one of only 190 schools to have earned this distinction. In addition, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Chaifetz School No. 40 nationally for graduate study of accounting in 2021.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting An accounting plus Master of Accounting option (MACC) is also available.
- Minor in Accounting
- Master of Accounting (MACC)
- Master of Business Administration
MBA students can focus their studies in an emphasis area, including accounting.
- Scott Duellman, Ph.D.
- Mark Higgins, Ph.D.
- Denise Guithues-Amrhein, Ph.D.
- Helen Hurwitz, Ph.D.
- Neil Jansen, M.Acc.
- Debbie Pike, MBA
- Yan Sun, Ph.D.
- Weimin Wang, Ph.D.
- Xu (Frank) Wang, Ph.D.
- Lei Zhao, Ph.D.
- John Keithley, Ph.D.
Honors and Accolades
The Saint Louis University accounting program has received the following rankings:
- No. 40 national ranking by U.S. News & World Report for Accounting in the 2021 Best Business School Rankings for MBA Specialties.
Accounting Advisory Board
By bringing together academics and professionals to craft our program, we prepare the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Nick Chambers, Director - Private Equity Services at UHY LLP
- Tony Damico, Internal Audit Principal at Edward Jones
- Eric Darr, Director at BKD, LLP
- Mary Doehring, Tax Managing Director - Business Tax Services at Deloitte Tax LLP
- Timothy Fagan, Assurance Partner at EY
- Alan Fine, Tax Partner and Insurance Industry Group Leader at Brown Smith Wallace LLP
- Thomas Hilton, Forensic and Valuation Services Partner at Anders CPAs + Advisors
- William Kaiser, International Tax Services at KPMG
- Jacob Maret, Tax Associate at Abeles and Hoffman, P.C.
- Judy Murphy, Assurance Services Group Partner at RubinBrown
- Sean Normile, Assurance Office Managing Partner at BDO
- Liz Schaetzel, Executive Assistant/Academic and Careers Manager at Missouri Society of CPAs
- Mike Sindelar, Tax Partner at PwC
- Cliff Stebe, Chief Financial Officer at LMI Aerospace, Inc.
- Carter Doll, graduate student representative
- Jack Schneider, undergraduate student representative
- John Eichhorn, former tax partner at KPMG
- Len Eschbach, partner at BKD, LLP
- Anne Goeckner, chief financial officer of the Humane Society of Missouri
- Laurie Hopkins, director and shareholder at CBIZ
Chaifetz Young Accounting Professionals Board
The Chaifetz Young Accounting Professionals Board was formally created in December of 2018.
- Alicia Bearden, Manager - Risk Management Technology at KPMG
- Adam Carril, Audit & Assurance Senior Assistant at Deloitte
- John Jabouri III, Manager at Schowalter & Jabouri, P.C.
- Maddie Johnson, Tax Manager at EY
- Jacob Maret, Tax Senior at Abeles and Hoffman, P.C.
- Eugene Morgenthaler III, Risk Assurance Manager at PwC
- Patrick Noble, Tax Senior at Brown Smith Wallace
- Dennis L. Presson Jr., Internal Audit Manager at Sunrise Banks NA
- Ashley Rogers, Tax Manager at Rubin Brown
- Kristin Tracy, Financial Consultant at Matter Family Office
- Zach Vaninger, Senior Corporate Development Analyst at Core & Main, LP
- Rob Woltering, Senior Manager - Cybersecurity Consulting at Protiviti