The accountant’s role has changed substantially over the past decade. Today, accountants are actively involved in the analysis and interpretation of financial data and work with other executives in decision-making and problem-solving activities.
The accounting program at Saint Louis University will help you develop strong ethical, technical and professional accounting skills. Our graduates have a long history of success on the CPA exam, earning the Missouri gold medal on several occasions and also earning the Elijah Watt Sells award for outstanding performance across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination. In addition, U.S. News and World Report ranked the undergraduate program No. 28 and the graduate program No. 28 nationally for 2019.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting An accounting plus Master of Accounting option (MACC) is also available.
- Minor in Accounting
- Master of Accounting (MACC)
- Master of Business Administration
MBA students can focus their studies in an emphasis area, including accounting.
- Debbie Barbeau, M.Acc.
- Scott Duellman, Ph.D.
- Denise Guithues-Amrhein, Ph.D.
- Helen Hurwitz, Ph.D.
- Neil Jansen, M.Acc.
- John McGowan, Ph.D.
- Debbie Pike, MBA
- Yan Sun, Ph.D.
- Weimin Wang, Ph.D.
- Xu (Frank) Wang, Ph.D.
- Lei Zhao, Ph.D.
- John Keithley, Ph.D.
Honors and Accolades
The Saint Louis University accounting program has received the following rankings:
- No. 24 national ranking by U.S. News and World Report for the specialized graduate program.
- No. 33 national ranking by U.S. News and World Report for the undergraduate program.
Accounting Advisory Board
By bringing together academics and professionals to craft our program, we prepare the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Nick Chambers, audit director at BKD
- Tony Damico, principal-internal audit at Edward Jones
- Tim Fagan, assurance partner at EY
- Alan Fine, member of the insurance advisory services at Brown Smith Wallace, LLC
- Thomas Hilton, director of the forensic and valuation services group at Anders
- William Kaiser, partner of International Tax Services at KPMG
- Jacob Maret
- Eugene Morgenthaler, partner at BKD
- Judy Murphy, chair, partner at Rubin Brown LLP
- Rick Scarfino, partner and director of assurance services at BDO
- Mike Sindelar, tax partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Cliff Stebe, chief executive officer of LMI Aerospace, Inc.
- Charles Urschler, tax partner at Deloitte Tax, LLP
- Theresa Jabouri, graduate representative
- Miranda Koors, undergraduate representative
- John Eichhorn, former tax partner at KPMG
- Len Eschbach, partner at BKD, LLP
- Anne Goeckner, chief financial officer of the Humane Society of Missouri
- Laurie Hopkins, director and shareholder at CBIZ