The accountant’s role has changed substantially over the past decade. Today, accountants are actively involved in the analysis and interpretation of financial data and work with other executives in decision-making and problem-solving activities.
The accounting program at Saint Louis University will help you develop strong ethical, technical and professional accounting skills. SLU graduates have a long history of success on the CPA exam, earning the Missouri gold medal on several occasions and also earning the Elijah Watt Sells Award for outstanding performance across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination. SLU's accounting program is separately accredited by the AACSB, one of only 190 schools to have earned this distinction. In addition, U.S. News & World Report ranked the Chaifetz School No. 40 nationally for graduate study of accounting in 2021.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting An accounting plus Master of Accounting option (M.A.C.C.) is also available.
- Minor in Accounting
- Master of Accounting (M.A.C.C.)
- Master of Business Administration
MBA students can focus their studies on an emphasis area, including accounting.
- Scott Duellman, Ph.D.
- Denise Guithues-Amrhein, Ph.D.
- Helen Hurwitz, Ph.D.
- Neil Jansen, M.Acc.
- Mindy Kim, Ph.D.
- Debbie Pike, MBA
- Yan Sun, Ph.D.
- Weimin Wang, Ph.D.
- Xu (Frank) Wang, Ph.D.
- Lei Zhao, Ph.D.
- John Keithley, Ph.D.
Honors and Accolades
The Saint Louis University accounting program has received the following rankings:
- No. 40 national ranking by U.S. News & World Report for Accounting in the 2021 Best Business School Rankings for MBA Specialties.
Accounting Advisory Board
By bringing together academics and professionals to craft our program, we prepare the business leaders of tomorrow.
- Nick Chambers, director - private equity services at UHY LLP
- Robert Cullen, internal audit principal at Edward Jones
- Eric Darr, partner at FORVIS LLP
- Mary Doehring, tax managing director - business tax services at Deloitte Tax LLP
- Timothy Fagan, assurance partner at EY
- Alan Fine, tax partner at Armanino LLP
- Tim Gruninger, partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Thomas Hilton, forensic and valuation services partner at Anders CPAs + Advisors
- William Kaiser, international tax services partner at KPMG
- Korey Keninger, assurance partner at RSM
- Sean Normile, assurance office managing partner at BDO
- Liz Schaetzel, executive assistant/academic and careers manager at Missouri Society of CPAs
- Cliff Stebe, chief financial officer at LMI Aerospace, Inc.
- Brent Stevens, partner at RubinBrown LLP
- Brian McCall, graduate student representative
- Micaela Lugo Romero, undergraduate student representative
- John Eichhorn, former tax partner at KPMG
- Len Eschbach, partner at BKD, LLP
- Anne Goeckner, chief financial officer of the Humane Society of Missouri
- Laurie Hopkins, director and shareholder at CBIZ
Chaifetz Young Accounting Professionals Board
The Chaifetz Young Accounting Professionals Board was formally created in December 2018.
- Adam Carril, audit and assurance senior at Deloitte
- John Jabouri III, director at Schowalter & Jabouri, P.C.
- Theresa Jabouri, risk assurance associate at PwC
- Ashley Jung, tax manager at RubinBrown
- Sam Lindwedel, SAP supply chain consultant at Deloitte Consulting
- Jeremy Keim, senior audit associate at FORVIS
- Jacob Maret, tax senior at Abeles and Hoffman, P.C.
- Eugene Morgenthaler III, digital assurance and transparency senior manager at PwC
- Patrick Noble, tax manager at Armanino LLP
- Joel Ocampo, associate attorney at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Dennis L. Presson Jr., internal audit manager at Sunrise Banks NA
- Kristin Tracy, financial consultant at Matter Family Office
- Zach Vaninger, mergers & acquisitions director at MTM, Inc.
- DeAnn Weitekamp, internal audit and financial advisory manager at Protiviti