1Ls: Are you "summer ready"? To help prepare for your summer legal experiences, the Vincent C. Immel Law Library presents the Summer Ready series. Each 30- to 45-minute Zoom session will cover a legal research topic that will be useful for your summer job.
Registration opens May 1. You will need to add the Summer Ready TWEN page and sign up for the session or sessions that interest you (sign up for one, a few, or all six!). Depending on interest, more slots and sessions may be added. All sessions will be recorded and posted for later viewing.
Schedule and Session Descriptions:
- Wednesday, May 19 at 9 a.m. - Keyciting and Shepardizing - Learn how these tools can help validate and expand your research
- Thursday, May 20 at 10 a.m. - Current Awareness - Tips for staying on top of a legal topic and finding the latest information
- Tuesday, May 25 at 2 p.m. - Beyond Westlaw and Lexis - Discover other databases and websites you can use in your summer job
- Wednesday, May 26 at 1 p.m. - Forms - Learn where to find sample documents and forms and how they can get you started, give you confidence in your work, and save you time
- Thursday, May 27 at 10 a.m. - Regulations & Administrative Law - Learn how to find regulations and other administrative law sources
- Thursday, May 27 at 6 p.m. - BYOQ - Bring Your Own Questions - An open forum for any research questions you have