Tuesday, 09 May, 2017
Students from the M.A. program in the Department of Communication will be present their thesis and applied project work beginning at noon, May 9, in Room 332, Xavier Hall.
The presentations include:
- Chelsea Boyles - "Performing Identity: Body Positive Activists in the Blogosphere"
- Nikolas Fischer - "Friends with Homes: Helping people connect to prevent homelessness"
- Garryn Hasty - "Volunteer Patient Mentors and the Lived PAO Experience"
- Carolyn Jackson - "OBAy Strategic Social Media Plan: An athletic and athleisure clothing start-up focused on promoting body positivity and self-love for young women"
- Kim Oswalt - "Academy for New Americans: Trauma-Informed Adult Learning for Refugees"
- Kris Poore - "'Through Their Eyes:' A Storytelling Campaign for Children and Families Navigating a Visual Impairment"
- Jingnan Zhang - "Charitable Fashion: Awareness and Attitudes Toward a Thrift Store"
- Mitch Wilson - "The Biddle Barks Project: How to Build, Finance, and Sustain an Overnight Dog Shelter for Animal Companions of People Living without Homes"
- Jessica Winter - "Cooking with Culture: Recipes and Stories from your International Neighbors at Bilingual International Assistant Services"
Light refreshments will be served.