As COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, continues to impact the nation and the world, Saint Louis University is taking appropriate steps to prioritize the health and safety of our campus. Services and events may be adapted or interrupted during this time.
Classes and Instruction
- St. Louis: In-person instruction will begin for spring will begin Jan. 28, 2021. Some courses may also be delivered online. Students can also elect to learn remotely.
- Madrid: For the latest information about COVID-19 and SLU-Madrid, visit www.slu.edu/madrid/news/coronavirus-update.
- Online: Online classes offered through SLU's School for Professional Studies continue as scheduled.
- Study Abroad: SLU students will be permitted to study abroad at the University's campus in Spain during the spring 2021 semester. Learn more..
- 1818 Advanced College Credit Program: 1818 students learning remotely will be eligible to still receive their SLU 1818 college credits. For updates and information regarding participation in SLU’s 1818 Program, please visit the 1818 COVID-19 FAQ page.
- Other Learning Experiences: Experiential learning opportunities that take place off campus, such as internships, clinical rotations, student teaching, etc. are not impacted unless students are otherwise directed by their dean, or the organization/host says otherwise.
Medical and Clinical Services Status
- SLUCare: SLUCare is operating normally at this time. For help with a SLUCare appointment, contact our SLUCare Call Center at 314-977-4440 or toll-free at 866-977-4440.
- Center for Advanced Dental Education: CADE is operating normally at this time. For help with an appointment, call 314-977-8600.
- Law Clinics: Scott Hall is now closed to the public. Clients can contact our legal clinics directly at 314-977-2778 for more information.
Health Resource Center (HRC): The HRC is open. Patients are asked to wear face masks. Patients with COVID-19 symptoms should not come to the center and instead should call the State Health Department at 314-615-9700 or the telehealth line at 314-389-0008.
Campus Services Changes Due to COVID-19
- Bookstore: Due to COVID-19, the bookstore is closed Saturdays and Sundays unless otherwise posted. Get the full hours and learn more.
- Busch Student Center: The BSC is available via card access only for anyone with an active SLU ID from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. every day.
Campus Ministry: Campus ministers are available remotely, and Campus Ministry is maintaining an active set of virtual offerings, which can be found online and by following @sluministry on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Campus Visits: In-person campus admission visits have resumed. For questions, contact a visit assistant at visitSLU@slu.edu, 314-977-2500 or 800-758-3678.
- Dining: Dining is available on campus with COVID-19 safeguards in place. For the latest information which facilities are open when, visit dineslu.sodexomyway.com.
- The Pius XII Memorial Library and Medical Center Library buildings are open. Library faculty and staff continue to provide expert help to the SLU community via the web, chat, email, Zoom and other online tools. Spaces, tables and chairs are arranged for your safety. Please wear a face covering, observe social distancing and do not move furniture. Visit the SLU Libraries website for hours and additional information.
In-person services at the Vincent C. Immel Law Library are restricted to SLU LAW students, faculty and staff. (See a guide to remote and in-person services.)Visit the law library’s website for hours and additional information.
- Museums: The Saint Louis University Museum of Art (SLUMA), Museum of Contemporary Religious Art (MOCRA) and Samuel Cupples House are open only to SLU students, faculty and staff. Masks are required to visit and social distancing requirements must be strictly observed. See the museums' websites for current hours.
- Mail Room: Mail and package delivery will no longer be in effect until further notice. See new procedures now in place for mail and package pick-up and drop-off.
- Residence Halls: Move-in for spring begins Jan. 22, 2021. See the latest information on COVID-19 and SLU's housing.
- Simon Recreation Center: Simon Recreation Center is open with modified hours. Learn more.
- Student Health: Hours for student health remain unchanged, however, walk-in appointments are not available; please call first from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. After business hours and on weekends, staff members from student health and university counseling remain on call for urgent needs.
- Student Mail Services is implementing an appointment system to access the mailroom along with changes in package pick-up options, package shipping services and its off-campus mailbox policy. Learn more.
- Transportation: The Billiken Shuttle Service is running on a modified schedule. See current hours.
University Counseling Center: Online counseling appointments are available. Students may call 314-977-8255 and leave a message for an appointment.
University Writing Services (UWS): University Writing Services will be not be holding in-person appointments at any of its on-campus, in-person locations until further notice. UWS will offer Zoom video conferences and online (asynchronous) consultations. Learn more.
Many events have been impacted by public health guidance around COVID-19.
- Alumni Events: All in-person alumni events, both on and off-campus, are canceled until further notice.
- Athletics: For the latest information, visit slubillikens.com.
- Chaifetz Arena: For the latest information about events at SLU’s Chaifetz Arena, visit the arena’s COVID-19 updates page.
- Commencement: All 2020 commencement ceremonies were postponed until May 2021. For the latest information, visit slu.edu/commencement.
For questions about a specific activity, please refer to the event listing or contact the event organizer.