As COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, continues to impact the nation and the world, Saint Louis University is taking appropriate steps to prioritize the health and safety of our campus. Services and events may be adapted or interrupted during this time.
We ask for your continued patience as leaders and medical professionals work through this complicated, evolving issue. Please see the list below for the latest information about changes to the hours or status of instruction, services and events at the University.
Outside of the announced changes to academic instruction and residence halls, SLU's St. Louis campus is open. To the extent possible, we aim to continue with normal operations, although we recognize that usual business may need to be conducted by phone/virtual meetings. We encourage students to keep scheduled academic appointments by phone/video meetings if they are able to do so.
Classes and Instruction
- St. Louis: In-person instruction will begin for fall 2020 August 17. Some courses may also be delivered online. Students can also elect to learn remotely. Learn more.
- Madrid: For the latest information about COVID-19 and SLU-Madrid, visit www.slu.edu/madrid/news/2020/coronavirus-update.
- Online: Online classes offered through SLU's School for Professional Studies continue as scheduled.
- Study Abroad: All SLU-approved international short-term and semester study-abroad experiences for fall 2020 have been canceled.
- 1818 Advanced College Credit Program: 1818 students will be eligible to still receive their SLU 1818 college credits. For updates and information regarding participation in SLU’s 1818 Program, please visit the 1818 COVID-19 FAQ page.
- Other Learning Experiences: Experiential learning opportunities that take place off campus, such as internships, clinical rotations, student teaching, etc. are not impacted unless students are otherwise directed by their dean, or the organization/host says otherwise.
Medical and Clinical Services Status
- SLUCare: SLUCare is operating normally at this time. For help with a SLUCare appointment, contact our SLUCare Call Center at 314-977-4440 or toll-free at 866-977-4440.
- Center for Advanced Dental Education: CADE has returned to normal operations at this time. For help with an appointment, call 314-977-8600.
- Law Clinics: Scott Hall is now closed to the public. Clients can contact our legal clinics directly at 314-977-2778 for more information.
Health Resource Center (HRC): The HRC is open. Patients are asked to wear face masks. Patients with COVID-19 symptoms should not come to the center and instead should call the State Health Department at 314-615-9700 or the telehealth line at 314-389-0008.
Campus Services Changes Due to COVID-19
- Bookstore: The Saint Louis University Bookstore will be open extended hours from Monday, Aug. 10, through Saturday, Aug. 22, as the University welcomes back students, faculty, staff and Billiken families for the start of the fall 2020 semester. The store will feature new pick-up options to allow for social distancing including a new curbside pick-up options and separate room in the BSC (Room 251) for online order pick-up through Sunday, Aug. 16. Get the full hours and learn more.
- Busch Student Center: Card access only for anyone with an active SLU ID from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. every day.
Campus Ministry: Campus ministers are available remotely, and Campus Ministry is maintaining an active set of virtual offerings, which can be found online and by following @sluministry on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Campus Visits: In-person campus admission visits are suspended. Virtual and self-guided options are available. For questions, contact a visit assistant at visitSLU@slu.edu, 314-977-2500 or 800-758-3678.
- Dining: Dining is available on campus with COVID-19 safeguards in place. For the latest information which facilities are open when, visit dineslu.sodexomyway.com.
- The Pius XII Memorial Library and Medical Center Library buildings are open. Library faculty and staff continue to provide expert help to the SLU community via the web, chat, email, Zoom and other online tools. Spaces, tables and chairs are arranged for your safety. Please wear a face covering, observe social distancing and do not move furniture. Visit the SLU Libraries website for hours and additional information.
In-person services at the Vincent C. Immel Law Library resume Aug. 17. Access is restricted to SLU LAW students, faculty and staff. (See a guide to remote and in-person services.)Visit the law library’s website for hours and additional information.
- Museums: Beginning Aug. 17, the Saint Louis University Museum of Art (SLUMA) and Samuel Cupples House will be open to SLU students, faculty and staff. Masks are required to visit and social distancing requirements must be strictly observed. See the museums' websites for current hours. The Museum of Contemporary Religious Art (MOCRA) remains closed until further notice.
- Mail Room: Mail and package delivery will no longer be in effect until further notice. See new procedures now in place for mail and package pick-up and drop-off.
- Residence Halls: Move-in for fall begins Tuesday, Aug. 11. See the latest information on fall housing.
- Simon Recreation Center: Simon Recreation Center is open with modified hours. Learn more.
- Student Health: Hours for student health remain unchanged, however, walk-in appointments are not available; please call first from the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. After business hours and on weekends, staff members from student health and university counseling remain on call for urgent needs.
- Student Mail Services is implementing an appointment system to access the mailroom along with changes in package pick-up options, package shipping services and its off-campus mailbox policy for the fall semester. Learn more.
- Transportation: The Billiken Shuttle Service is running on a modified schedule. See current hours.
University Counseling Center: Online counseling appointments are available. Students may call 314-977-8255 and leave a message for an appointment.
University Writing Services (UWS): University Writing Services will be not be holding in-person appointments at any of its on-campus, in-person locations until further notice. UWS will offer Zoom video conferences and online (asynchronous) consultations, from Monday, Aug. 17, through Friday, Dec. 4. Learn more .
Many events have been impacted by public health guidance around COVID-19.
- Alumni Events: All in-person alumni events, both on and off-campus, are canceled through the remainder of 2020. Homecoming and Family Weekend will be held virtually. More details will be forthcoming.
- Athletics: The Atlantic 10 Conference has postponed 2020 fall sports competitions and championships. For the latest information, visit slubillikens.com.
- Chaifetz Arena: For the latest information about events at SLU’s Chaifetz Arena, visit the arena’s COVID-19 updates page.
- December 2020 Commencement: The December 2020 commencement ceremony is postponed until May 2021.
For questions about a specific activity, please refer to the event listing or contact the event organizer.