SLU Comes Together to Aid Hurricane Victims
In the spirit of Saint Louis University's mission, we are striving to support those
affected by Hurricane Harvey through solidarity in prayer and action.
Below is a summary of what the University is doing to help, as well as contact information
for those who may need assistance.
Solidarity in Action
SLU Donation Drive
The Division of Student Development has created a donation site for Hurricane Harvey
victims in the Busch Student Center, Room 315 this week on the following days:
- Wednesday, August 30, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday, September 1, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Recommended donations include the following:
- Clothing for infants, children and adults
- Baby items (especially diapers)
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, paper towels, work gloves, latex gloves, etc.)
- Nonperishable food (peanut butter, canned meats, soups, etc.)
- Plastic and paper dinnerware (paper plates, napkins, plastic forks and spoons)
- Toys (coloring books, puzzles, etc.)
- School supplies
- Medical supplies
Donations to National Agencies
If you are able, we also encourage donating directly to either the American Red Cross or Catholic Charities — both are on the ground in Houston delivering much-needed resources and support:
And, as citizens in St. Louis, we always encourage action locally. Food banks are
traditionally very short of food by the end of summer. Consider donating to either
Operation Food Search or our very own Campus Kitchen, located in Reinert Residence
Hall. For more information, please contact the Center for Service and Community Engagement
at 314-977-4015 or email@example.com.
Lastly, and as always, students who need emotional support from this significant and
ongoing tragedy are encouraged to ask for help.
The Dean of Students Office, the University Counseling Center at 314-977-2323, and Campus Ministry at 314-977-2425
are here to support student success and well-being.
Employees (faculty and staff) should contact SLU Human Resources at 314-977-2360 for
information about the Employee Assistance Program.