Ambassador to Give Keynote at January MLK Tribute
Ambassador and Civil Rights legend Andrew Young will give the keynote speech at the
2018 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Tribute on Friday, Jan. 12, 2018, in
the Wool Ballroom, Busch Student Center.
The event will begin with breakfast at 8 a.m. and the official program starts at 9
In addition to Young’s speech, a number of awards will be presented as follows:
- Marc H. Morial, national president of the Urban League, will receive the Lifetime
- Xernon Clayton will receive the Civil Rights Legend Award.
- Judge Glenda Hatchett will receive the Legal Legend Award.
- Kira Hudson Banks, Ph.D., SLU associate professor of psychology, will receive the
Donald Brennan Humanitarian Award.
- Tom J. Irwin will receive the Civic Leadership Award.
- Al Mitchell will receive the Corporate Leadership Award.
- Malik Ahmed of Better Family Life will receive the Civic Leadership award.
For more information about the event contact Rita McMillan at 314-977-2254 or Regina
Walton at 314-977-4585. Register here.