Newslink Seeks Photos of Holiday Cheer from SLU Community
As the holiday season draws near, Newslink is seeking photo submissions from the SLU
community showing the celebrations, good cheer, and good will that abound as the campus
gets into the holiday spirit. The submissions will be part of an end-of-semester photo
story that will be published in the Friday, Dec. 22 Newslink edition. Submissions
will also be shared on SLU’s social media accounts.
Submissions must be received by noon on Tuesday, Dec. 19 to be considered for inclusion
in the story. University Marketing and Communications will make the final determinations
of what photos are included in the story.
As the University’s Billikens prepare to snap those perfect shots, Newslink has some
recommendations and guidelines for submissions:
- Photos must be submitted digitally via email to Newslink with the subject line as
“Holiday Photo Story Submission.”
- Submitted photos should be high-resolution (over 960 pixels or more) and clear/crisp.
- Please submit horizontal (landscape-format) photos if possible.
- Submissions should include the photographer’s name, SLU affiliation (student, faculty,
staff member, alumni, or Billiken family) and contact information (phone and email)
so that the submissions can be verified.
- Submissions should include a one sentence description of what is going on in the photo,
where it was taken and when the photo was taken. If known, the names and SLU affiliations
of those depicted in the photo should be included.
- Multiple photos may be submitted but may be used as part of the story or solely for
social media purposes.
- Submitted photos must be the submitter’s original work and not owned/under copyright
to another person or organization.
- Submissions depicting minor children will not be accepted without written consent
of the child’s or children’s parents or legal guardians.
- The photo story centers on the theme of holiday celebrations. Submissions that do
not adhere to the theme will not be included in the story.
For questions or more information, contact Amelia Flood, Newslink editor, at 314-977-2519
or email Newslink.